FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mr. Tee's - OKC BBQ Eaters Anonymous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OKBBQEA
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12 07 12:14 am    Post subject: Mr. Tee's - OKC BBQ Eaters Anonymous Reply with quote

Ok the second stop on the OKC BBQ Eaters Anonymous tour was Mr. Tee's in Midwest City.

Had a great time meeting Markbb and his wife and eating and talking about BBQ and other stuff and I'm looking forward to our next get together.

Ok, I ordered the 4 meat sampler (Ribs, chopped beef, bologna, hotlink) with macaroni salad and coleslaw and they had homemade sweet potatoe pie so I couldn't pass that up either.

Ok, time to rate the meats on my Rib Bone rating system... 1 being the worst and 10 being the best.

I started with the ribs. They were two huge ribs that had just been pulled from the smoker. So my timing was perfect on ordering them. I used to live right around the corner from Mr. Tee's and I had never been disappointed with their ribs. They have always had a nice smoke flavor and fall off the bone tender. Well this time...... They were just as I remembered them! Even the end of the spare that is so dry and chewy at most BBQ places was tender and melted in my mouth. I wish I had ordered the whole slab!

Pork Spare Ribs - 8 1/2 Rib Bones

From there I moved on to the bologna. It looked like it may have been sitting awhile and was overcooked around the edges. Had good flavor but was disappointing overall.

Bologna - 3 Rib Bones

Next up was the hotlink. It was nothing special as far as hotlinks go. Just your average run of the mill BBQ joint hotlink but it wasn't overcooked.

Hot Link - 5 Rib Bones

And last but not least the chopped beef. It is served with sauce mixed in it and was moist and tender and I didn't find any chunks of fat in it. Not that I mind a few pieces of fat with my brisket. While it was good and had good flavor there was nothing about it that made it stand out from anyone elses chopped beef.

Chopped Beef - 5 Rib Bones

The macaroni salad and coleslaw were both good and I had forgotten they put raisins in their coleslaw which I really like. The macaroni in the macaroni salad was a little overcooked but the salad had good flavor.

Macaroni Salad - 5 Rib Bones
Coleslaw - 7 Rib Bones

I had their hot sauce and it was different than I remembered it being. I was thinking that Mr. Tee's sauce used to have a hint of cloves in it but I didn't taste it last night. It was still good and if you are a sauce person I recommend it and they sell it by the bottle.

Sauce - 7 Rib Bones

I'm not going to rate the sweet potatoe pie because I am a sweet potatoe pie junky and would be biased. Let's just say that my stomach was really happy after eating it. Now my blood sugar on the other hand wasn't but last night the stomach was the one making the dietary decisions. Very Happy

If you're ever on 23rd Street in Midwest City and have a craving for some Q. Mr. Tee's is a great place to stop and get your fix. Don't let the old building they are in stop you from going in and enjoying some good restaurant Q.
14.5" Weber Smokey Mountain
18.5" Weber Smokey Mountain x2
22.5" Weber Smokey Mountain
R&O Smokers Fat Girl
Ludicrous Speed Red Thermapen
Mikesooner
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12 07 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cult..where was your first visit?
OKBBQEA
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12 07 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve's Ribs up by Lake Hefner.

http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9515&highlight=

It looks like Smokin Cowgirl's BBQ in Jones will be our next stop on the 24th of July.

http://www.smokincowgirlsbarbeque.com
R&O Smokers Fat Girl
Markbb
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12 07 11:58 pm    Post subject: Good Reply with quote

Mr Ts Ribs where the best restraunt made good rub pulled off the bone I'll give these a thumbs up, now the chopped pork sandwich was a dissapointment dry and hammy, also had the chopped beef sandwich and it was good I'd order it again, also had the baked beans and they where typical along with the coleslaw which by the way had some raisens thrown in for good measure, so I'm with Roger on this if your on 23rd stop in and try it for yourself, I'll be in Jones on the 24th what time Roger? 7insh.
OKBBQEA
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13 07 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, 7 PM works pretty good for me on weeknights. I hate to eat much later than that anyway. Especially since portion size pretty much goes right out the window at these get togethers since I want to try a bit of everything... hehe

Gonna be a longer drive for me since I'm moving to the south side this weekend but I noticed they have sweet potatoe pie on their menu so the drive should be worth it. Very Happy
R&O Smokers Fat Girl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: