FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Steve's Rib - OKC BBQ Eaters Anonymous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OKBBQEA
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27 07 9:31 pm    Post subject: Steve's Rib - OKC BBQ Eaters Anonymous Reply with quote

Steve's Rib located just West of Rockwell on Hefner Dr. was the location for the first meeting of the OKC BBQ Eaters Anonymous.

I got there about 6:45 and the place was empty but by about 7:00 PM it was starting to have a steady stream of customers.

I got to meet SmokinOkie. He is a fountain of BBQ information. If he was a book he'd be an Encyclopedia on BBQ... hehe

I ordered a two meat (ribs and pulled pork) with coleslaw and okra and added a hotlink.

The hotlink was the highlight of my meal. Don't know where they get them, SmokinOkie if you can find out please let me know because it was a tasty hotlink, but as I've said in the past about bologna. It's not one of the meats you want to be known for. Ribs, Brisket & Pulled Pork are the 3 main meats I judge a BBQ restaurant by.

The ribs had a good smoke flavor to them but I think they had been sitting in a tray for too long because they had a layer the consistency of jerky all the way around them.

The pulled pork wasn't too bad. I couldn't really taste much smoke or seasoning on it but it was nice and moist and easy to eat. It wasn't good enough to make me want to drive all the way across town again to eat it but it wasn't awful either.

The coleslaw had a bit of a kick to it. I couldn't quite figure out what it was last night. At first I thought it might be horseradish but it didn't have that nasally burn to it that I get from horseradish. While in the shower this morning it came to me that it might have been from white pepper. Whatever it was I liked it but I'm not 100% certain what it was giving it the kick.

I tried both of their sauces and both were good.

The place was clean and the service was friendly and prompt. I was greeted with a "Hello!" from the cashier as I entered the door.

On my Rib Bone scale of 1-10 I rate Steve's 5 Rib Bones. I'd eat there again but only if I happened to be on that side of town.
14.5" Weber Smokey Mountain
18.5" Weber Smokey Mountain x2
22.5" Weber Smokey Mountain
R&O Smokers Fat Girl
Ludicrous Speed Red Thermapen
Pigface1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02 07 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the same Steve's that's in Edmond? If so, it's alright, but nothing to write home about. A lot of people love it. But I guess a lot of people like County Line, too. lol
OKBBQEA
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02 07 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owned by the same people. This one is located near Lake Hefner.
R&O Smokers Fat Girl
bluedogok
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08 07 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve's is good, not great. It is very good for catering type meals.

Steve was an architect by trade before he got into the BBQ business, which started out as the stands inside the former Homeland stores near his locations.
OKBBQEA
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08 07 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I agree on the good but not great.... The night I was there the ribs had been under a lamp for awhile. So I don't think I got their best product the evening I was there.
R&O Smokers Fat Girl
Kosmos Q
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22 07 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go by there all the time just never stopped. Stopped at Papp's on may the other day. To high for the amount you get. Ribs were a little tough but i love there service! But then really can a Q resturant really produce like a backyard?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: