FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smoke Ring BBQ Contest Calendar
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Competition BBQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Garry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 27 07 2:36 am    Post subject: Smoke Ring BBQ Contest Calendar Reply with quote

Our Competition BBQ Contest Calendar is now online. It lists every event, from every sanctioning organization that we could find. If you know of any contests that aren't on the list, please let me know. This is the most complete, searchable, BBQ contest calendar on the Internet, and the only one that lists all contests from every sanctioning organization.

In the next phase of the calendar implementation, we will add personalization features that will allow competition cooks to create a personal calendar including all the contests they plan to enter during the competition season. You will have the option of making this information public or keeping it private for your own purposes. Site visitors will be able to see a list of all teams that plan to attend a particular event.

Please checkout the calendar and let us know if you see any errors, know of an event that isn't listed, or have suggestions as to how we can make the calendar more useful.

Garry

Last edited by Garry on Thu Jul 12 12 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Old Dave
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun May 27 07 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garry,

Great job!!! This is very nice and I am sure most cooks will use it.

Thanks much,
Old Dave
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Tue May 29 07 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Garry,

There are several folks on the froum from Canada and I was wondering if we should include the Canadian Barbecue Association events on your calendar.

The events are listed at this website..http://www.canadianbarbecueassociation.com/event_listings.html
Garry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01 07 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good suggestion, Dave. We added the Canadian contests to the calendar.

Garry
BBQMAN
BBQ Super All Star

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01 07 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice addition Garry, thanks! Very Happy

I didnt see some MBA events listed- MIM, Big Pig Jig etc. when I looked yesterday. Maybe I'm missing something?

Also, a number of FBA events where not there as well...................

I realize this is a work in progress, a that there is a large volume of info to input!
Garry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01 07 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only entered contests that are in the future. I didn't enter any contests that were already past. Big Pig Jig was in April.

Garry
Lewis & Herschel
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01 07 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garry,

The Big Pig Jig is in October.
Garry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01 07 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I was looking at the Riverfest Pig Jig in Columbus, GA. It was in April. Is Big Pig Jig sanctioned by MBA? It isn't on their calendar. I didn't put in Memphis in May because it was already over when we put the calendar up. Everything on the MBA and FBA calendars should be in there.

If anyone knows of an event that isn't listed, even if it is unsanctioned, please let me know and I'll add it to the calendar.

Garry
Lewis & Herschel
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01 07 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the judges had MIM badges on at the Big Pig Jig last year. I pretty sure it is Sanctioned by MIM or MBA, if not, they definetly are partners somehow.

Edit: I looked on the cooks app for 07 and it has and MBA logo on the bottom.
Big Tom
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01 07 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Viena GA, Big Pig Jig has been an MBA sanctioned contest in years past.

The MBA contest calendar is also a work in progress, they only list the contests after they have taken the required steps to be sanctioned each year.

Good Job Garry! An all inclusive contest calendar has been asked about on many different threads.
Garry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03 07 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCBS does the same thing. They only add contests to the calendar once the sanctioning papers and fees have been submitted and approved. We'll check the organization calendars once a week or so and add any new contests we find.

Garry
PalmettoCookers
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14 07 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there room for the South Carolina Barbecue Association events on your calendar? The link is www.scbarbecue.com then click the events tab and our events will be listed by month. Thanks!
Garry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14 07 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You betcha! We'll get them added to the calendar.

Garry
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21 07 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garry:

Thanks a lot for listing the Canadian events.
LIAR #100
Garry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21 07 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PalmettoCookers wrote:
Is there room for the South Carolina Barbecue Association events on your calendar? The link is www.scbarbecue.com then click the events tab and our events will be listed by month. Thanks!

I think we have all the events from the SCBA calendar that had dates. Some of the contests only list months. I assume the date hasn't been confirmed for those events.

Garry
PalmettoCookers
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17 07 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess so I will check our forums occasionally and let you know if I see a change. Thanks for listing us! These are really great events that amazingly few people know about.
kimbellee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05 08 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you please add the following event to your calendar? It's in Birmingham, AL on August 22/23rd, 2008. Thanks!- kimbellee (kimbellee@slossfurnaces.com)
Stokin' the Fire 2008 (a KCBS sanctioned event) will be much like in the past. Our festival has been nominated as one of the best in the country, and this year we are much the same with a few exciting and fun additions. We will continue to: award our backyard/ pro. teams hand-made trophies (worth THOUSANDS) created by our nationally-renowned metal artists, award more than $20,000 in prize money, host an Anything Butt competition with no extra entry fee and we provide the food to be cooked, give fabulous gifts to our cooks and judges, host a huge preview party complete with shrimp/ beer/ wine/ band, host a cooks' and judges' breakfast Saturday morning, give each team plenty of room with their own power/ water, provide all of our professional teams with overhead cover, provide our cook teams and judges unlimited access to our staff for questions and concerns, fill 2 stages with great local and national bands both days/nights, host a huge kids area complete with crafts/ inflatables/ entertainment, organize cooking demonstrations, etc., etc., etc.
In 2008 we are adding a People's Choice Competition where teams turn in 2 butts (free of charge and no extra entry fee). Visitors to the site can buy tickets and taste a variety of our teams' championship meat. We will also have a new category this year- dessert! Because of our generous sponsors, we are able to get even better bands in our music line-up. This year's Stokin' the Fire will be dubbed a BBQ and Music Festival.
We are so excited to be hosting another competition and festival at the Sloss Furnaces National Historic Landmark. We hope to see you all again this year.
Sa-Mokin
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05 08 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimbellee wrote:
Will you please add the following event to your calendar? It's in Birmingham, AL on August 22/23rd, 2008. Thanks!- kimbellee (kimbellee@slossfurnaces.com)
Stokin' the Fire 2008 (a KCBS sanctioned event) will be much like in the past. Our festival has been nominated as one of the best in the country, and this year we are much the same with a few exciting and fun additions. We will continue to: award our backyard/ pro. teams hand-made trophies (worth THOUSANDS) created by our nationally-renowned metal artists, award more than $20,000 in prize money, host an Anything Butt competition with no extra entry fee and we provide the food to be cooked, give fabulous gifts to our cooks and judges, host a huge preview party complete with shrimp/ beer/ wine/ band, host a cooks' and judges' breakfast Saturday morning, give each team plenty of room with their own power/ water, provide all of our professional teams with overhead cover, provide our cook teams and judges unlimited access to our staff for questions and concerns, fill 2 stages with great local and national bands both days/nights, host a huge kids area complete with crafts/ inflatables/ entertainment, organize cooking demonstrations, etc., etc., etc.
In 2008 we are adding a People's Choice Competition where teams turn in 2 butts (free of charge and no extra entry fee). Visitors to the site can buy tickets and taste a variety of our teams' championship meat. We will also have a new category this year- dessert! Because of our generous sponsors, we are able to get even better bands in our music line-up. This year's Stokin' the Fire will be dubbed a BBQ and Music Festival.
We are so excited to be hosting another competition and festival at the Sloss Furnaces National Historic Landmark. We hope to see you all again this year.

MAN Kimbellee, is there any way you could put together a contest like that in Oklahoma by any chance?
kimbellee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05 08 3:39 am    Post subject: Stokin' the Fire in Oklahoma Reply with quote

I know, we really have a great event. You should come visit us and get some ideas! We'd love to have you. And then maybe we could plan a trip to Oklahoma.
-k
danwright

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05 08 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have limited competition experience but I have been to sloss for two years in a row and it is awesome. If any of you are wanting to do an out of state competition and come to Alabama this is by far the one to come to. Loose Cannon will be there this year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Competition BBQ All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: