FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pawnee Bill and the rain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Competition BBQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allsmokenofire
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Aug 15 2005    Post subject: Pawnee Bill and the rain Reply with quote

Just got back from Pawnee and the Pawnee Bill Smoke-off and, of course, we had some rain Smile OkieJay, and his wife LeeAnne(sorry, hope I got the spelling right), came to visit us from the OKC area and it was really great getting to meet them and have them hang out with us on Fri. night and Sat. We had 2 thunderstorms blow through Fri. night w/ 40-50 mile gusts and several teams had pop-ups destroyed. We had another storm blow through Sat. morning right before turn in times. We were scrambling to take canopies down...put 'em back up....take 'em down....up...etc.

All in all a great contest. We got called up twice, for chicken and brisket, and placed 9th overall. I hope Jay got a good taste of what these comps are like. It was great having them there, and we appreciate the help they gave us in getting things cleaned up and packed up to come home. Cool
OkieJay
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Aug 15 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big thanks to Mike and the whole Smokedelics BBQ Team, a nicer group of people you will never meet.

We (Lee Ann) and I had such a great time, we didn't even mind the rain. I would also like say I enjoyed meeting Dave and Russ, a couple of one man teams (what troopers). It was so much fun, Lee Ann and I are already planning our next outing.

Does anyone know where I can pickup a trailer mounted smoker cheap? Wink

Jay and Lee Ann
SmokinOkie
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Aug 16 2005    Post subject: First time caller Reply with quote

Hi Gang,

Thought I'd join the SR Forum and respond.

Good meeting you guys (and seeing some old friends too).

Yup, quite an adventure for a one man team, but it was "interesting" you might say.

Posted my report and some photos or in my forum at:

http://forum.cookshack.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=25;t=000196

Contests are funny sometimes, for a category I've got 2 firsts and a 7th (out of 65) to this time get 18 out of 27 is a little weird, but that's like in a contest.

Looks like I'll be doing Ponca, got my travel set, so hope to see you there. There's time to you to compete Jay, are you ready? I'd start simple, even without a trailer, you could do a small smoker and put it on a small trailer. I'll keep an eye out and let you know if anyone is selling.

I'll stop by the forum to see what's happening.

Smokin Okie (Russ)
allsmokenofire
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Aug 16 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ....It was good to meet you as well. I hope I have the good fortune of having you as a neighbor at another comp. I'm sure you'll find a good deal on a pop-up to replace 'ol red.

We're still tryin' to decide on Ponca. We've got it on our radar along with Lowell, AR in October.

Good luck, and hope to see ya' on down the road.
roxy
BBQ All Star

Way to go Mike, glad you did well this weekend past. It sounds to me like you guys had a awesome time. I cant wait to be out there myself, it will be a couple a years I think as I still got a lot to learn and practice, practice, practice.
LIAR #100
SmokinOkie
BBQ Super Pro

Definitely have to hook up next time Mike, spend a little more talking talking BBQ, sounds like you're team was having a pretty good time.

Russ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Competition BBQ All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: