FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grilling Oriental

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pointerman
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24 07 5:13 am    Post subject: Grilling Oriental Reply with quote

I have been making the Honey Ginger lettuce wraps out of Bobby Flay's cookbook. I have one word to say about them... AWESOME. Anyone else been doing oriental cooking on the grill?

I have also been doing some Tai stir fry on it also. Been working out great and really cutting into the old electric bill...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Alien BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24 07 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give this a try.

http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2873&highlight=yakisoba
BigOrson
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24 07 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly the same thing, but I use my propane crawfish boiling rig with my wok when I want to make Asian food. It gives me the high heat needed. Just be sure you have your mise on before you get started. You aren't going to have time to do any prep once you start cooking.

Got the idea at JazzFest in NOLA at one of the food stalls. Works way better than on any stove. Makes sense, as the gas jets in Chinese restaurants get up to 70K BTUs and the hottest home stove might top out at 20K.
marvsbbq
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31 07 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Grilling Oriental Reply with quote

Pointerman wrote:
I have been making the Honey Ginger lettuce wraps out of Bobby Flay's cookbook. I have one word to say about them... AWESOME. Anyone else been doing oriental cooking on the grill?

I have also been doing some Tai stir fry on it also. Been working out great and really cutting into the old electric bill...

I just added a multiport burner to my 2 burner stove I have mounted on my smoker. Then I purchased a big wok to be able to do some orential cooking of some kind.

Haven't so far, but WANT to...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Grilling All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: