FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brisket on the go

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve-O
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07 05 5:05 am    Post subject: Brisket on the go Reply with quote

I smoked two briskets in my Brinkman electric, then froze them, vacuum sealed them, took them to my aunts house, reheated them, and yum!

Details:
Bought two briskets.
Cut briskets in thirds. Saved two flats for later. Cooked the other two.
Marinated overnight in your favorite rub. I used a dry rub. Uncle somebody's pecan rub.
Brought meat to room temp and added 1/2 brown sugar and 1/2 chilli powder to the outside.
Smoked for 7 hours with pecan chips.
Wrapped in foil and brought in the house and cooked for 5 hours at 225 (Momma woke up at 2am and was not happy with the smell of the house).
Wrapped in newspaper (in foil stil) and put in ice chest for 4 hours.
Saved juice and froze.
Put meat in freezer for 4 hours.
Removed newspaper and vacuum sealed the briskets. Put these back in the freezer.
Put briskets and saved juice in ice chest and transported to Missouri.
Put in refrigerator (still vacuum sealed)
Preheated oven to 200. Remove briskets and put in two broiling pans. Added the juice to each. Briskets are still in foil.
Removed after two hours and let stand for 20 minutes before slicing and serving.

Meat was very tender and juicy. It was good by itself, but folks put some cattlemens on it which added a little zing.

Not bad for a novice! Thanks for all of the advice!
sbarnhardt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26 05 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Brisket on the go Reply with quote

[quote="Steve-O"]I smoked two briskets in my Brinkman electric, then froze them, vacuum sealed them, took them to my aunts house, reheated them, and yum!

Sounds good. With cooking like that makes me wish you had folks in NC!!
Steve-O
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26 05 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Brisket on the go Reply with quote

sbarnhardt wrote:
Steve-O wrote:
I smoked two briskets in my Brinkman electric, then froze them, vacuum sealed them, took them to my aunts house, reheated them, and yum!!!

I have a daughter in Winston-Salem right now. Salem College. I don't plan on going there this year, but will be there for graduation in 2007.
PDXsmoker
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27 05 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Momma woke up at 2am and was not happy with the smell of the house).

I hear ya! Now I can just crank up the heat on the Q and leave it outside.....helps on the hot summer days as well.

Where do you find this pecan rub?? That sounds really good! I have no experience at making my own...yet ....otherwise I would give it a shot.
sbarnhardt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28 05 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: Brisket on the go Reply with quote

[quote="Steve-O"]
sbarnhardt wrote:
Steve-O wrote:

I have a daughter in Winston-Salem right now. Salem College. I don't plan on going there this year, but will be there for graduation in 2007.

Winston-Salem is about 30 minutes north of me.
Steve-O
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28 05 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember, I'll pm you when we head that way. We can at least have a beer and swap stories.

I got the pecan rub at the local BBQ sales/repair store. "Uncle John's East Texas Pecan Rub". Currently, I use store bought rubs. However. My wife (the real cook) informs me that I need to make my own because the ones I buy are:
Too salty
Too hot/spicey
Too Peppery
Too......

I see a home brew on the horizon.... And I will share when I have a good one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Beef Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: