FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Longhandle BBQ Pit on CL - Good Deal?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bigpappa1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22 19 10:37 am    Post subject: Longhandle BBQ Pit on CL - Good Deal? Reply with quote

Hello All,

Has anyone heard of Longhandle Custom BBQ pits out of Irving, TX? It looks like they were either bought out or went under at some point, but I found some old ads of theirs from 1984. All 1/4" steel, look like good builds. There's a small one on Craiglist not too far from me and at the price, it could get me on my feet stick burning. It looks like it needs a little love, but not much, and it might be a great learner for me. Can anyone weigh on this fella? I would say that at $250 how can I go wrong, but I can't afford to waste $250 either. I'll actually be in MN for work next week...The only thing that looks funny to me on it is the firebox. It's really big, and the vent looks really tall. I don't see a fire grate, which isn't a huge deal, I can put one in. Still, I just can't quite get a good feel for how this guy would flow. Thoughts?

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/for/d/gaylord-smoker/6916586654.html

On Fridays I usually tell people I'm going to smoke something this weekend. They tend to get the wrong idea...
brutus1964
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24 19 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not familiar with the brand. Just looking at the post it appears to have a really big firebox. Im not sure that the air flow would be good with the solid shelves. Im not sure of the purpose of the shelving in the fierbox. If you have the right tools and fabrication skills you could probably make modifications if it didn't perform well.

"If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got"- Henry Ford
baconX

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01 19 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The listing as ended and not active anymore. Did you purchased it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: