FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smoker in need!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeadDiet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22 17 1:23 am    Post subject: Smoker in need! Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
This is my first post and I may be in the wrong area to ask this question. I live in Mooresville NC which is about 30 mins north of Charlotte. Every year I cook an entire hog (not with great success) for the entire neighborhood. Ive done several over a homemade pit but this year wanted to try and smoke the pig. Problem is, I cannot find a smoker large enough to rent! Is there any fellow enthusiasts in the area that could point me in the right direction or know someone willing to rent theirs out for a weekend? OCT 13-15th. Owner is welcome to attend and share in the fun and beer. This year its going to be 80's themed! I appreciate any info and look forward to learning some more BBQ from the experienced.

Scott
SVonhof
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29 17 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am nowhere near you (totally opposite side of the country), but I went to a party where the owners were able to rent a reverse flow smoker (trailer mounted) that their nephew manned and did a 80+ lb pig. The smoker was easily large enough to handle a 150 lb pig as well. I talked to him about it and he said it was very easy to maintain the temps on as well (he was very shocked by this).

Look around, you should be able to rent something if you cannot find one to borrow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: