FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Fine Swine New Baden Il

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26 17 11:01 pm    Post subject: A Fine Swine New Baden Il Reply with quote

A fellow KCBS competitor David Stidham opened a joint somewhat on a whim, had heard such good things about it me and another 'trailer trash' BBQ guy made the 7 hour road trip for lunch! David DID NOT disappoint!
He slapped together a 'pitmaster sampler' for the two of us, and just kept bringing more 'samples'!

We ate all of this, then came chicken wings, corn bread, deserts....
I had said to Alex "I dont need to ever eat another piece of pulled pork" before digging into this...Well, NOTHING went into the garbage! This entire meal was of "turn in " quality!! From taste and tenderness on everything, the glaze he applied to the wings and even sausage [ yup, wasnt expecting that either, but it REALLY worked!! ] to the 'spicy lemonade"...Home made lemonade with jalapeno's floating in the mix!! I AM NOT saying this just because I know the guy, I was blown away!!
He was the head of marketing for a breakneck speed growing Mid-West hamburger chain, and applied all he knows form that job AND his pitmaster skills to opening this place, and it WORKS!! We even happened to be there as a St Louis paper showed up to do an expose on the place, and made the paper!! Wink Check out the worlds most expensive order station! A Jambo Pit he took 6th place at the Jack on, having never cooked on it before, or since!
http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/dining/restaurants/reviews/put-new-baden-s-a-fine-swine-bbq-on-your/article_f4f7476a-213e-575c-b6f8-7b7f093e6b36.html
Lemme know if you stop in and see things differently! Mention the Wisconsin BBQ Posse, it might get ya something special, or thrown out [???] ....lol
Being Blessed with income from my passion!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: