FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Assistance required please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keefa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03 17 4:13 pm    Post subject: Assistance required please Reply with quote

Hello all, i have just joined the forum and i need some help please. I am a normal BBQ user but after watching various videos i have decided to try to make a Stainless Still Vertical UDS, but i need to make from a Beer Keg i purchased here in the UK from a local brewery. At this moment the only thing i have done with the Keg is de-gassed it. I wish to make similar to a 55 gallon barrel access only by lifting the lid, i also wish to insert two racks plus a juice from meat collector if this is possible, Will contain the basket at the bottom for charcoal ect . the dimensions are 23 inches in height and 16 inches wide. I ask where is it best to cut just under the top or further down ?. I thank you if you can help please and i would be happy for all other ideas please as i do wish the Keg to be so very different to other Beer Keg UDS. Many thanks.
k.a.m.
BBQ Mega Star

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04 17 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dimensions of 23" tall and 16" diam. would not interest me at all for a UDS Keefa. You do not have enough height to work with in my opinion.

Hybrid Cooker
Maniac
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04 17 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with KAM not much height to play with. even on my SS uds I had a little more room than that...if you look at the build I put a high dome lid to give me more room. Good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: