FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3rd times a charm?! Trailer Build #3
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19 16 9:08 am    Post subject: 3rd times a charm?! Trailer Build #3 Reply with quote

Have my first rig up for sale...Sold my Tex-Mex rig this past spring...Going to make #3 a combo of the first 2!! Very Happy

8' porch, 20' interior. 14,000 pound axles, all steel porch deck, a few custom tweaks learned from my last 2 rigs.
This one will have a FatBoy 84D lang on the porch,
LP equipment inside:deep fryers, flat top, 2 burner cooktop, steam table.
Moisture control holding cabinet, freezer, fridge, prep cooler and soda fridge.
4' table inside for the inclement weather [ for ME ]
Got her from Waycross Ga just this week - factory direct!
Had builder install wall panels, 3 bay and hand wash sinks, window and shadow box for TV menu board!
I have a bit of work to do by time the snow melts in these parts!! Will try to get photobucket to work with updates as they occur Sad
Being Blessed with income from my passion!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM

Last edited by Mr Tony's BBQ on Fri Dec 02 16 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
brutus1964
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19 16 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you have a great rig to start with. I hope the build goes smooth for you.

"If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got"- Henry Ford
RodinBangkok
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19 16 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new bigger toy! looks good, can you navigate street corners with that length....?
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19 16 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RodinBangkok wrote:
A new bigger toy! looks good, can you navigate street corners with that length....?

HA! Wait until she's hooked up to the cube van ... another 6' or so longer with a horrible turning radius!! Wink

So far, so good! 1200 miles home, many stops for gas [ 9mpg ] in small towns...Even a couple gas stations NOT meant for anything much bigger than a prius!
I stay out of 'the big city' but with over 1 million miles driving 18 wheelers [ ever been in the steel mill's of PA, or in NYC during the garbage strikes with a big rig??] I think I got this Very Happy When your as big as this is, traffic tends to get out of ones way!
On the last leg of my trip back, I purposely went to one corner I was a tad concerned about along my normal route...Seems they removed that one telephone pole on that one corner I was a LITTLE concerned about when they re-did the road this summer!!! Cool Cool Cool

Only downfall I am seeing is some of my weekend gigs will now want to charge me for 3 spots instead of 2 Crying or Very sad The up side of that is, those 10 extra feet are used to run the deep fryers and flat top for an even more extensive menu Very Happy More options, more people in line!!
On my existing rig I have a small electric flat top we do a lot of breakfasts off of at festivals and BBQ competitions - selling to competitors, event staff and sometimes walk-ins without even advertising...We will / can now advertise as I can handle a lot more plates between the bigger flat top, burners and deep fryers!
Room to move inside is probably the biggest upside to this rig!Making 100+ plates an hour much more comfortable to do than in my current rig....I may even start doing breakfast roadside as I am already up and about tending smoker anyhow....Something I used to do at our smallest location, but stopped when we moved that day to a much more high traffic area because I knew I wouldnt be able to keep up with demand [ that new spot we even get mcshizzle employee's for lunch and dinner - and they tell us they always know its Wednesday based on their drop in sales - cuz people come to us !]
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24 16 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, cool, rainy day....Got most of the wiring done [ until I ran out of wire!! ] Hung the hood [ 2nd time was much easier doing it alone! ] Lots of figger and cypherin' goin on!

Done for the day...Happy ThanksGiving to all - 14 birds going out tomorrow!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30 16 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Electric is complete!
Applied 3 coats truck box liner paint to floor - LOVE it!
Will be able to take hose / pressure washer to it if needed!!
Looks slippery but is actually 'grippy'...Chemical / grease etc. resistant unlike diamond plate aluminum or vinyl.
Will have runners in the event of spills.

WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01 16 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things actually fit as planned!!

My new [ to me ] Holding cabinet went goofy the other day, so its off to the repair shop with her today...Going to have them give it a once over..No sense in wrastling her in only to have to take it out / her giving me fits down the road!
Still havent decided where I'm putting LP tanks..On the nose or porch...Thinking porch as tongue weight will be 'up there' the way it is already...Going to stub main through floor, put manifold by handwash sink with valves to each appliance for quick and easy access. Plenty of little odds n ends to assemble on fryers, locking things in place etc. to get me through the week, but she is looking like a kitchen!!
Finishing hood blower assembly and installing smoker by end of next week for sure [ I hope ]
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09 16 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH so closeto done! A few trim pcs to make and install, wires for lights, install TV menu board, deep clean and wait for warmer weather!! Oh yea, install the FatBoy 84D Lang on the back too Wink

Hood works! Gas lines are actually hooked up....Did a pig on the new cooker - she works great!! Holds a lot more than the current 84 by about 150# !

Could fit 3 - 80 pounders on the bottom rack alone if needed!
Kinda a shame near nobody uses this site anymore...It used to be a great place to spend time discussing BBQ, techniques, menu's etc... Sad
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
brutus1964
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09 16 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kinda a shame near nobody uses this site anymore...It used to be a great place to spend time discussing BBQ, techniques, menu's etc...

I agree Tony. I have noticed that it has really slowed down over the last month more so than ever. I hope things pick back up. I look forward to reading the forum everyday and try to make contributions. Maybe it will pick up after the holidays.

Your trailer looks good and is coming along very well. I am waiting to see the completed rig with a smoker full of meat.
I hope everything goes smooth for you.

"If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got"- Henry Ford
fire&soul bbq

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10 16 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed, the site is not nearly as fun as it used to be. I can't bitch too much as I'm much more of a stalker than a poster. Mr Tony have you had any bites on the trailer up for sale?
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12 16 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fire&soul bbq wrote:
agreed, the site is not nearly as fun as it used to be. I can't bitch too much as I'm much more of a stalker than a poster. Mr Tony have you had any bites on the trailer up for sale?

MANY - most want me to finance...Not gonna happen....I know the hours required to make this kind of biz work, I dont have the time to hold someones hand just so I get paid!
I fully understand its the wrong time of year to sell such an item, just like my Kitchen, I know it will sell in spring!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
jess
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12 16 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see it coming together, that fatboy will eat
some real estate but it turns out a load of meat.
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13 16 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jess wrote:
Glad to see it coming together, that fatboy will eat
some real estate but it turns out a load of meat.

Built a 10" tall base for her today..She is soo deep, the lower rack is a pain for me at 6'2", so a little lift kit is in order..She goes on the deck in the morning, across the back...Cant think of anything better to do on a day the high is expected to be 11° Shocked But my bud with the skidsteer w/forks is available! We will take turns welding her down to deck just to keep warm Cool
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14 16 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BEAST FatBoy Lang in on the porch!!

View from my office

Excavator buddy was in the neighborhood with his skidsteer with forks. Was an easy pick for him. The guy in the pic is a friend I helped set up as competition to me, though he lives an hour away...He showed up to help! You seeing this Alex???...lol...I know he creeps TSR occasionally... Very Happy
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
kurtsara
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16 16 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice.

We started out with a Lang 84 with a warmer also under a temporary permit. Need NSF to do any more than one event.

2 Ole Hickory CTO's
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16 16 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kurtsara wrote:
Nice.

We started out with a Lang 84 with a warmer also under a temporary permit. Need NSF to do any more than one event.

You may want to check on that Kurtsara...It wasnt all that long ago I heard Min. changed that, Q-fan was kinda pissed about it from what I recall! Right or wrong, his anger came from having all NSF cookers and now anyone with a pit can open a BBQ joint.
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
kurtsara
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18 16 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Tony's BBQ wrote:
kurtsara wrote:
Nice.

You may want to check on that Kurtsara...It wasnt all that long ago I heard Min. changed that, Q-fan was kinda pissed about it from what I recall! Right or wrong, his anger came from having all NSF cookers and now anyone with a pit can open a BBQ joint.

I have checked, we use two CTO's now but the crowd sure liked seeing the meat when I opened the Lang

2 Ole Hickory CTO's
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19 16 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I can pull into town and do a festival but you cannot use the same type cooker day in and day out....Good for me, complete B.S.for you!! Just what kind of rocket[less] scientists make these reg's??!!!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09 17 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FINALLY got the tanks mounted on the nose, re-worked the hitch to ensure it would handle the heavier rig [ 22,000 pounds total truck and trailer rated for 26,000 between the two] Took her for her maiden voyage as a unit. Box truck is void of product so nose is up a little, but no wiggle at highway speeds!! Pic is of her on scales:

A couple trim pcs around hood to make and she is ready for inspection!!!

Been doing a fair share of deep frying lately...You know - gotta do R/D on the menu Wink

While prepping 10# wings and a dozen chicken legs for deep fryer for the family yesterday, I deep fried a slab of smoked pork belly and set that atop a hashbrown patty as breakfast...Sorry, no pic, but deep frying that smoked pork belly - putting a slightly crisp exterior on it with ooey-gooey-meaty center was DA BOMB!!!
Still havent gotten ok on plan review from state in writing Embarassed Shocked Confused and she is done! Sent it in to inspection dept. before Thanksgiving...WHILE I was towing empty rig home from Ga. state guy calls wanting drawing...HE WAS READING OFF THE DRAWING I HAD SENT IN!!! So, I re-submitted all of the app's via snail mail, they cashed the check already, but still no word Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
I am really not concerned as my inspector said it looked good as she forwarded original to powers that be, have since had a good long talk with guy in charge of review and he was cool with everything...If I gotta tweak something, I know a guy!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09 17 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On another pretty cool note...I joined the fb Lang BBQ pit page. Have been boasting there a little [ go figger...lol] Talking about how many people see and ask about my 84D on old rig, and how the new FatBoy is quite the centerpiece on my new rig, and how much I love the Langs and love to promote them..how we get all around the mid-west on highways and back roads to BBQ and other festivals, when I get an instant message...Ben Lang wants my address! A couple days later, this shows up in my mail!! 4x[?] the size of a license plate.

Gonna put this centered on back of rig for all to see!
Thanks Ben!!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Vending All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: