FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bacon Wrapped Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Chicken Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrStik

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17 16 12:35 am    Post subject: Bacon Wrapped Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs Reply with quote

I know I found this recipe somewhere, but I forget where. My kids and certain friends do not like skin or bone on their chicken. I know it is easy to dry out chicken and I found a recipe that cheats this by wrapping it in bacon. Bacon also makes everything better anyways.

I smoked this a few weeks ago and everyone loved it. I know I will need to tweak some things on it. My rub is Alton Brown's 8-3-1-1 rib rub, but I plan on finding a more chicken friendly rub on this forum somewhere. And the sauce was some sort of recipe I found that I will not be using anymore. I don't if I didn't simmer it right, but it was a bit grainy, tasty but grainy.. I will be finding a better sauce recipe.

Ingredients
Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
Buttermilk
Bacon (I get mine from the meat counter at Stater Bros)
Your favorite Rub
Your favorite Sauce

Take a bunch of Boneless Skinless Chicken thighs, and trim off any access fat or other stuff.

Drop them in a gallon freezer bag or a plastic container. Pour enough buttermilk to cover the chicken and leave it in the refrigerator overnight.

Drain and rinse the chicken

Rub the chicken on both sides. Then roll the chicken. Wrap the Chicken with a slice of bacon. Sprinkle a bit more rub on.

Place in smoker, I do about 2 hours. And 30 mins before it is done, sauce and let it finish.

I know I may have pictures but I will have to find them and post them.
brutus1964
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17 16 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been cooking a variation of this for years. I usually sprinkle them with Tony Chachere's Rub or start them with a little salt and pepper and then finish them with a sweet BBQ sauce like KC Masterpiece or Sweet Baby Rays.
I usually cook mine hot and fast and crisp up the bacon. I use a thicker slice of bacon to protect the chicken from overcooking.

"If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got"- Henry Ford
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Chicken Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: