FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best review ever

View previous topic :: View next topic  
qfanatic01
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Tue May 24 16 1:43 pm    Post subject: Best review ever Reply with quote

Last week we were featured in the June issue of The Minneapolis St. Paul magazine by a James Beard award winning writer. This is the return on my 100 hour per week investment over the past year! We'll see what kind of bounce we get from this? Brisket sales at the new location had already doubled our first location in the first month and sales have nearly equaled our first location in the first month as well. I started with sandwiches and fresh chips the last week in March and added menu items every week through April and into May. I am still evolving the new location but all the changes I have made so far are proving to be on point. The menu of Q1, as we call it, will change to the new Q2 format after Memorial weekend (I get to reprogram the computer Memorial Day) and I hope to incorporate the front serving counter at Q1 in the early fall. Our service times have dropped significantly at the new location. I have relied solely on social media to promote the opening. Even our signage is still only a banner above the door as I spent everything I saved and some I borrowed to get this open. We have yet to answer the phones at the new location (on a recorder saying; "currently serving walk in customers only") as we still don't have enough equipment in the back kitchen to service the call in orders that make up 1/3 of the volume at our first location or the catering that has fueled our growth. Catering has developed by word of mouth and requests. Catering is only mentioned on our website. I plan to add an additional smoke room to the back of the building as soon as I save the money and open a commissary in the near future to service the catering potential we haven't even tapped.

http://mspmag.com/Eat-And-Drink/Articles/Restaurant-Reviews/Smoke-in-the-Cities/
fish&q
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 25 16 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice article good for you
Meadow Creek chicken cooker
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu May 26 16 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's outstanding, glad to hear it.

On the exact other end of the spectrum,
We actually got our very first mention in our local paper after only 7 years in operation because I started a donation jar program to help fund the local dog park that is trying to get open.
matt6150
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01 16 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats man! It's been a few years but I dropped by your first location and it was great. I hope to come by location 2 next time I'm up in the cities visiting my brother. He lives in South Minneapolis and has been to the new location a few times already. He raves about and is really glad you picked that location. One thing he did say was that ribs haven't been too consistent. Just repeating what he said, but overall it sounds like you are nailing it.
BBQMAN
BBQ Super All Star

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23 16 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, great article! Knowing your story I couldn't be happier!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Commercial BBQ All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: