FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smoker Help - more air?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flyingj
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 05 16 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Cut Mikes new Firebox Plate Reply with quote

Smokin Mike wrote:
Madmike wrote:
Kinda weird the guy near me who built Mikes smoker is named Mike, and I'm Fixing it, and my names Mike !!

Yeah, all you would need is another guy named Mike in this thread and that would confuse the hell out of everybody.

Nice work so far guys!!!

My brother's name is Mike. Laughing
k.a.m.
BBQ Mega Star

PostPosted: Thu May 05 16 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Cut Mikes new Firebox Plate Reply with quote

Flyingj wrote:
Smokin Mike wrote:
Madmike wrote:
Kinda weird the guy near me who built Mikes smoker is named Mike, and I'm Fixing it, and my names Mike !!

Yeah, all you would need is another guy named Mike in this thread and that would confuse the hell out of everybody.

Nice work so far guys!!!

My brother's name is Mike. Laughing

My ex brother-in-law is named Mike. Razz Laughing

Hybrid Cooker
Snowsmoke

PostPosted: Fri May 06 16 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MIKE's rule! Firebox welding and coming along.

Madmike

PostPosted: Mon May 30 16 7:51 am    Post subject: Haven't forgotten Snowsmoke !! Reply with quote

gOT SNOWSMOKE'S FIREBOX BUILT. Had to finish the smoker in the background of the pics, we're trying to get together to get his trailer to my shop [He's got munchkins, so time is hard to come by!!] I'll need it for a few days to modify it, then he should be fine. really weird thig is the guy who built his is making one for a friend of mine's new resteraunt, and it's screwed up. My buddy didn't want to bother me to build him one with my broken leg, so he had the other guy start one for him. HIS NAME IS MIKE ALSO!!!
at least my buddy mike knew it wasen't right from seeing my builds,so he called me, and at least all I have to do is make a new stack assembly and drop it off at the other guys shop for him to put it in to fix the smoker!!
Mike
k.a.m.
BBQ Mega Star

PostPosted: Mon May 30 16 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Haven't forgotten Snowsmoke !! Reply with quote

Madmike wrote:
My buddy didn't want to bother me to build him one with my broken leg, so he had the other guy start one for him. HIS NAME IS MIKE ALSO!!!

I am getting the feeling there are a lot of Mikes out that way that dont know how to build a cooker. Shocked Razz Very Happy Laughing

Hybrid Cooker
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 30 16 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should use metal to make cookers, rather than broken legs, you can only do so much work to a broken leg, and not much of that work makes it cooks meat well!

I still work here!
castrovillecowboy
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 30 16 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoEzzy wrote:
You should use metal to make cookers, rather than broken legs, you can only do so much work to a broken leg, and not much of that work makes it cooks meat well!

Very Happy THAT is funny, LOL
Wish I could have found a pic of a mannequin leg turned into a grill.
Snowsmoke

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15 16 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know everyone has been holding their breath but the broken trailer is now in the handles of the main "mike" in this conversation. dropped it off last night and scoped his craftsmanship. The man does some beautiful and innovative things with metal - hopefully he saves this rig.

pics to follow -
k.a.m.
BBQ Mega Star

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15 16 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could at least throw us a bone. Wink Very Happy Laughing

Hybrid Cooker
Madmike

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15 16 8:59 pm    Post subject: snowsmokes pics Reply with quote

if I can't get the hang of pic posting i'll send them to Mike to post. I'm going to cut the old firebox off today,and cut the tank loose, I'm going to have to raise it to keep the firebox from being to low, basically all that will be from the first build is the cooking grates and woodboxes, there is no seal for the top of the door cut only the sides and bottom edge,so i'll put a inside seal on the tank rather than rework the hinges. I'll put a full length heat deflector plate inside to even out temps and be a drip pan,add the new firebox,and stack. I'm going to try to get it done so he can use it July 4th, after2 years only being able to cook on the first 18 inches away from the firebox he deserves to cook on a real smoker Crying or Very sad
Snowsmoke

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17 16 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AS it was

Cut Off and chained up

Removed

Maniac
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18 16 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

almost half way there, good luck Exclamation
Madmike

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21 16 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Cut Mikes new Firebox Plate Reply with quote

Smokin Mike wrote:
Madmike wrote:

Nice work so far guys!!!

Mikes cook chamber was loaded so bad with creosote from all the bad burns we could not get it out with putty knives even, so I took it this morning to be sandblasted inside to clean it, Picked it up at 4:30 pm, and it looks like a new tank inside with new grates, no more mess,and no more smell. I was actually afraid og having a fire like a chimney fire in the shop while fixing it the creosote was so bad. I sent pics to mike to post. BY THE WAY, THE GUY WHO SANDBLASTED IT IS NAMED MIKE ALSO!!
Smokin Mike
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21 16 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you're living in some kind of weird alternate Mike universe. Laughing Laughing

Glad you got her cleaned out all sparkly new. Hopefully your issues will go away.
Snowsmoke

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21 16 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Proof

BETTER

This is getting exciting!
MIKE MIKE MIKE MIKE MIKE MIKE MIKE
Snowsmoke

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05 16 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More pictures from the hardworking man over the holiday weekend. Cook tank cut off and remounted, needed to remove the tire & fender to do it and cut the trailer to fit in the FB! Remounted CC and cut the stack off.

stay tuned for the next round!
missionsusmc
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05 16 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been following this re-habbing since the very beginning. I just can't believe that the person who originally built this thing is still building cookers this way and proffering them up as "quality." I'm no welder or fab guy by any stretch of the imagination, but I've hung around here long enough to know what should work, and what shouldn't. Very nice work and craftsmanship on the redo. I commend a fellow ringer who would donate his time to fix this cluster****. I didn't mention any names, I got confused by all the Mike's. Laughing

Mary had a little lamb, a little brisket, a little ribs, and boy she was full!!!
Snowsmoke

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22 16 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summer vacation and work always in the way Smile

Here is a picture update of what is happening now.

New Mount:

New fire box hole but

Outside view

Snuggling up

Madmike

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23 16 9:20 am    Post subject: Back on mike's smoker !! Reply with quote

Finally got into a small ankle Aircast for the broken ankle ,and the day job was swamped with work, so my boss asked if I could come in and work at my own pace while a few guys were on vacation to get some jobs out, figured I owed it to him for holding my job open since last sept when I broke the leg and ankle. Vacays are over so I'm only going in part time for Frame work, and can be in my shop finishing up the work in progress. After finishing up mounting the new firebox, i'll clean up the mess from where the old one was mounted, and add the new handles, hinges, and stack.
Mike
Snowsmoke

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15 17 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will just leave this right here

Such a huge thank you is owed to Smokin Mike for taking on this project fresh off the board and keeping me in the loop all along the way. The pit runs so damn smooth and every detail was thought out including a massive water pan that can take an insert for converting to a charcoal grill, removable stack to fit in my garage, the 3rd vent on the firebox for ultimate control and the ability to add in a vent fan control system. If you all want more pics, I will grab them up. If you are in the northeast and the market for a smoker, you know who to contact.

Mike - you bailed my arse out and made this amazing.

First 70 lb pig goes on this weekend, now that it seems like i can post pictures - look for those in the other room.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: