FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How much sauce should I make?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whall
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20 16 6:32 pm    Post subject: How much sauce should I make? Reply with quote

I am cooking pulled pork for a friends surprise birthday party and I am not sure how much sauce to make.

There will be around 50 people there and I was asked to cook 4 butts for pulled pork sandwiches.

They are about 40lbs raw weight so Im hoping for around 20lbs cooked. There will be other food there so I was told that would be enough. It will be self serve so maybe that will be enough Shocked

I was planning on making two sauces for the sandwiches, A mustard sauce and a sweet red sauce. I just want to make sure I have enough.

I am not pre-sauceing and will wait til i get to the party to pull it so it is nice and hot.
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20 16 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on how dry the pork is...lol....A gallon would do it in most any case.....My pumps are 1oz squirts, and 2 does a good job for most on a 1/3# sammie....depending on your bun size, weight per sammie etc....
Being Blessed with income from my passion!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
castrovillecowboy
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21 16 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently did a small bbq for 15 people, lunch, and had 2 pints of sauce _ 1 sweet, 1 a little more bold. So I would think a gallon would go all the way. Just an fyi compared to food which I was way over: 10 lbs of brisket , 1 Boston butt, 1 rack of ribs and one chicken (special for 2 of the people)

I had maybe a half pint between the two jars when done, but no one was scrapping the jars either.

Sides were coleslaw, beans and Mac salad. We all ate too much. STUFFED.
whall
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26 16 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I made enough sauce to fill 4 squirt bottles (two of each sauce) I think they are 24oz each.

The party was a success everyone loved the food, there was less than expected showed up so there was plenty of food Laughing

Oh and by the way Mr. Tony, my pork is never dry. Rolling Eyes Smile Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Catering All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: