FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trailer Country concession trailer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FreebirdTPark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19 16 3:03 pm    Post subject: Trailer Country concession trailer Reply with quote

Going to have a concession trailer built. Has anyone used Trailer Country out of Fla, or know someone who used them? What was your /their experience?
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19 16 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My second trailer came through them, but I bought it as basically a shell and did the build itself. I specified I wanted a 'Freedom trailer' as my first is. I found the base pricing to be fair, paperwork went smooth, and have recommended them to others since. They do use multiple builders, as someone else here pointed out once upon a time, who went to the wrong manufacturer to pick-up....That seemed to have been the salesman's fault if I recall....My salesman also confused how Freedom builds the frames with another builder they use, but no harm.
One thing, if you have them do the entire build, make sure the breaker box is actually accessible, not shoved in the nose under / behind the sinks like mine is Confused Shocked or be sure to get the access pannel on front...My fat, old arse had one heck of a time reaching the breakers....I now keep a stick and flashlight handy if one trips....
You may also want to specify 20 amp breakers and 12 Ga. wire as my original has 2 or 3 outlets per 15 amp breaker with 14 Ga. wire...NOT 'commercial' in any sense of the word!!! If you will have a lot of gas appliances [ I dont in that rig ] , no fowl, just a heads up!
If your looking for a full commercial kitchen on wheels, my second is listed for sale here Wink
http://thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=68835
WAYYY overkill from wiring to sink size - I absolutely LOVE the rig, and have used it on many vends / catering gig's, but plans change.....Going even BIGGER for 2017 !!
Being Blessed with income from my passion!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
FreebirdTPark

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20 16 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr T, thanks for the info. Can't tell you how many times I have read your and others posts on Concession Trailers the past two years. This place is a GREAT source of information. As a novice, this is by far the best place to search and learn that I have found on the net! I think the fellow who had problems with the trailer location was with SLE, and not Trailer Country. Thanks again. I REALLY appreciate it!

Smile Smile Smile
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22 16 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your right on the SLE, but my trailer country salesman also used to or still does sell several brands! I know he told me at least one thing about Freedom Trailers that were true for another brand, but not Freedom! All in all, a good experience though!
Good luck! Glad to help where I can!!
Being Blessed with income from my passion!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
FreebirdTPark

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25 16 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
CraigE
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25 16 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm dealing with SLE right now, and they have been nothing but patience and helpful with me. I wish wish you all the best.

Oh by the way, I love your profile picture. Earl Campbell was the man! Luv Ya Blue!

Meadowcreek TS250 w/Insulated firebox
Modified OK Joe's Highland Smoker
FreebirdTPark

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29 16 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig E, good luck on your trailer, and Earl was The Man! Luv ya Blue!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Vending All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: