FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with uploading pictures

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TxRaider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17 16 3:24 am    Post subject: Help with uploading pictures Reply with quote

I need some help with uploading my pictures for the smoker build I am currently doing. I have seen where someone has posted links to threads on how to upload pictures to the ring but I can't seem to find them now. Will someone please share those with me please. Also I took the pictures with my iPhone and uploaded them to photobucket but it is not letting me resize the pictures has anyone else had this trouble? I'm wondering if it is because I use my iPhone and Photobucket does not support the iPhone if so can somebody recommend a different site. Thanks for the help
Smokin Mike
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17 16 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross,

Here's the links that you were looking for;

http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4096

http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47314

I don't believe that you can resize pictures with the phone app but you can using the web app. I'm a Flickr user and once you figure out how to move around the site it's quite easy to choose the size of your picture and get the BB code necessary for posting here at the the Smoke Ring.

https://www.flickr.com/

So, the procedure would be upload the pics with your phone, then use the browser to negotiate the picture size and get the BB Code. Copy and paste the link.
TxRaider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17 16 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smokin Mike

Thanks for all the help I tried to post some of the pictures on my build so we will see if I did it right.
Smokin Mike
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17 16 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw where you tried to post pics on your cooker topic. It looks like you're almost there. The links are incomplete for some reason. When using Flickr you click the share arrow then select the BBCode option and the picture size then it will generate the link for you.

Another thing, if you're using the Flickr phone app it will auto upload your pictures for you unless you tell it not to. I think that happens when you jack into a pc with a USB cable.
TxRaider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17 16 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smokin Mike wrote:
I saw where you tried to post pics on your cooker topic. It looks like you're almost there. The links are incomplete for some reason. When using Flickr you click the share arrow then select the BBCode option and the picture size then it will generate the link for you.

Another thing, if you're using the Flickr phone app it will auto upload your pictures for you unless you tell it not to. I think that happens when you jack into a pc with a USB cable.

I was afraid I did something wrong I guess I will try again can I edit my post or should I just delete it and start over
Smokin Mike
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18 16 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TxRaider wrote:
Smokin Mike wrote:

I was afraid I did something wrong I guess I will try again can I edit my post or should I just delete it and start over

You can edit it. If you need to experiment just start a new topic in the Off Topic section and bang away at it until you get it right.
TxRaider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18 16 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smokin Mike

I figured it out finally I used to think I knew a little about computers but know I am not so sure. At first I had the largest size at 640 but it looked way to big to me so I made them smaller I hope the size is ok. I read that the pictures in the past were to large and it caused havoc with the site. If they are still wrong would someone let me know and I will try again. You know what they say practice makes perfect!
Smokin Mike
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18 16 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Glad you got it figured out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Tech-Talk All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: