FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Corned beef from a rolled roast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cured Meat Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dand78

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19 15 9:40 am    Post subject: Corned beef from a rolled roast Reply with quote

I just wanted to share my corned beef experiences. I have brined my own corned beef from brisket many times with good results. The down side is the amount of fat still in the brisket after cooking.

A couple of weeks ago my wife took what was marked as round stake out of the freezer only to find it was a round roast after thawing. I mixed up a batch of brine and spices and soaked the roast like I would a brisket. I did cut it in half so the cross section would not be so thick.
After soaking for 8 days I slow cooked it until fork tender and chilled it out for slicing. In my opinion it is just as good if not better than corning a brisket. Maybe others do this all the time but it's new to me.

Dan D.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cured Meat Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: