FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Craigslist steal! Nasty Flat top

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sun May 24 15 11:07 pm    Post subject: Craigslist steal! Nasty Flat top Reply with quote

Drove 2 hrs to pick up a T49, for $400.00!! Guy had to have place cleared out this weekend, and nobody grabbed the unit off craigslist.... Yea, she looks like they had a wild child of a chef throwing stuff in the kitchen - outside beaten and battered, but new door gaskets and totally functional! It just sits in my garage anyhow.

Now, to the REAL STEAL!
Anets 30" x 36" gas flat top....guy hasnt cleaned it in a LOOOONG time, obviously..hadnt even cleaned out the grease tray, which overflowed and made some really cool jello like fat globules......Nothing a little acid wash didnt take care of for the most part - some of they yellow stuff is gravel from my driveway, had her on her size scraping...this is half way through cleaning...

Guy says, $50.00, get it out of here! Cost me another $16.00 for some more ratchet straps to ensure she didnt fly out as I couldnt close tailgate with both units in pick up truck...but a good investment in my book!
Hooked it up to a LP tank with adjustable regulator in line, set it low as this is a natural gas unit...Grabbed lighter, and she fired right up!!! 200° - 550 ° range - on wheels, and after 2 hrs of scrubbing, looks good enough to take into public!! A little cleaning to go, but its raining....Going to get some high temp paint for galvanized frame just to make her pretty.

New, which I fully understand this unit is NOT, these units run well over $3k!! All 4 burners are in great shape [ 2 temp controllers ]
Gonna make some Philly cheese steaks on her for dinner just to make sure she works right... Cool Cool Cool
Being Blessed with income from my passion!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Mon May 25 15 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what are the chance of you wanting to part with that cooler?

Of all the brands of refrigeration I have worked with, I have never had to call for service on anything made by True, they just keep going and going forever
jess
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon May 25 15 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great score on both pcs. I agree with Harry on True brand products. I have a 2 door glass front 40" wide frig that was 20 yrs. old when I bought it in 1997 for $200. In all that time it has only needed a 12.00 fan blade, holds steady 38 degree 24/7...
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Mon May 25 15 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guy's! True about the True! In spring, I picked up a True prep cooler for $50! The guy had tried fixing it himself....That didnt work out to well for him..I said if you'l take $50 I'll get it off your property for you...He had one end in the air before I finished the sentence! ..$300 at a refrigeration repair shop later, its in my Tex-Mex wagon! $350 for a prep cooler, $400 for a t-49....Its been a good fridge year for me [ of which I have no intentions of parting with any time soon Harry Wink sorry Bro
] I have another T-49 I got from a pool hall 4 years ago for $600 i believe...Funny thing with that one is, IF I attach the temp. sending unit dial in place, it quits cooling...If it dangles there, she runs perfect! Replaced it - same thing...Couldnt find a short /cut in wires anywhere, so I just let it dangle! Oh well - its right up at the ceiling anyhow...lol. and I saved the sending unit for a spare...Craigslist is a great asset for all of us!!!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue May 26 15 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you gonna sell me that cooler or what???

I have a high-end Traulsen "Intella-Traul" cooler that has a data logger, alarms, fully programmable defrost cycles, etc etc etc.
And a box full of spare computerized parts that I found here for it too.

Apparently the previous tech who worked on it was a parts changer and only quit adding expensive computer controlled parts until one fixed the issue.
My fridge guy informs me that if it needs service outside of adding refrigerant or leaks, he cannot, and will not touch it.
He said he could bypass all the computer controls if I wanted, and use it that way.
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue May 26 15 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"So, you gonna sell me that cooler or what???"
As they would say in Mexico....El-NO-o! Sorry Bro!
I DID manage to crack a freon line moving it....My fridge friend showed up this morning!! A couple dead presidents later, she is all topped off / tuned up and ready for another decade or two of service!!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Vending All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: