FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cooking the day before

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisso

PostPosted: Sun May 24 15 11:55 pm    Post subject: Cooking the day before Reply with quote

Howdy all! I'm not so new here, but this is my first time posting.

I am cooking two pork butts today on the smoker. However tomorrow is our nom-nom day.

Whats the best way to go about setting this up and reheating?

I've got two 8 lb butts. Planning on cooking them traditionally, up to temp, then double foil, and rest in the cooler for 2 hours.

I guess my question is, should I keep them whole, or shred them up, and then just reheat the meat tomorrow? I've done the shredding thing, and reheat, but I wasnt super thrilled, and assume theres a way to get more out of the meat.

What are ya'll suggestions? And how should I go about reheating? oven, or smoker?

Thanks in advance!
-Chrisso
k.a.m.
BBQ Mega Star

PostPosted: Mon May 25 15 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the ring chrisso, looking forward to seeing some pics of your cooks. Smile
When the pork is cooked and pulled I would bag in freezer bags and cool it in an ice bath then refrigerate till tomorrow.
Reheating can be done several ways from placing the bags in boiling water, or panning and heating in the oven with some apple juice to help with moisture. You can also reheat in a crock pot using the same apple juice for moisture.
I hope this helps. Very Happy

Hybrid Cooker
chrisso

PostPosted: Mon May 25 15 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks k.a.m.,

I hadn't thought about the freezer bag idea for quick reheats. I've considered that for long term storage with the winter season and what not.

Thanks for the ideas! I'll be giving them a shot and reporting tomorrow (unless I'm suffering from a food coma, which I hope I am..)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: