FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stupid Azzes and dumpster fire's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ridge View BBQ
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15 15 9:09 am    Post subject: Stupid Azzes and dumpster fire's Reply with quote

After decade's in the food business I have decided that you have to be as dumb as a box of rocks to accidentally set a dumpster on fire. I have a employee who has never,again I say never went out of his way to do anything without being told. So today he puts my ashes from the ash bucket in the dumpster, 1 hour later it is starting to smoke! Of course it's during lunch rush! Only good that came of it was the entire team managed to put out the fire without the customers ever having a clue anything was wrong. At least this time he was trying to help,usually my cooks have stated dumpster fire's with careless cigarette butt tossing, which really makes me to anger town . This business never changes, you never know what's going to happen next.
Wells Cargo 20' Concession Trailer w/porch 24"
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16 15 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!

We keep a galvanized garbage can with a tight fitting lid right next to the pit, we dump our ashes in there,
To dispose of them, I dump them on the driveway in the winter to combat the ice build up.

Or, you could dump them in a large plastic trash can that is filled with water, and the resulting caustic solution is spectacular for cleaning greasy racks from your pit.
Just don't put aluminum in the solution, it eats it away and produces hydrogen gas (Read; KABOOM)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Commercial BBQ All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: