FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Should I buy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hozman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08 15 9:12 am    Post subject: Should I buy? Reply with quote

I have a 22 WSM and want something a little bigger. I have the opportunity to buy a used Goodone Open Range for $375. Seems like a good price. Will I be able to cook mych more on it compared ti just using single grate on WSM?
k.a.m.
BBQ Mega Star

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09 15 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Good One boasts a cooking area of 996 Sq. in.

The 22.5" WSM boasts a total cooking area of 726 Sq. in. The top grate can only hold about 380 Sq. in.

So to answer your question you will have 616 Sq. in more cooking space.
The price is definitely right as far as bargains.
The down fall is unless you go with a controller on the Good one you will be left tending a fire, because it will never be as self sufficient as the WSM.
If you want a bargain and a second cooker then this is a good deal, but if you are looking to replace the WSM and like the set it and forget it ways of the WSM I do not think this is the cooker for you, I would buy a second WSM.
I hope this helps. Very Happy

Hybrid Cooker
CajunMarineBBK
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14 15 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man that is a great deal. I know what I paid for mine brand new about three plus years ago. Mine will hold temp for six to seven hours on a load of charcoal. Once you learn how the pit works you will love it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: