FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mr Tony's Kitchen- I sold her
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29 15 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fresh water system and sink installed!
Back, upper lip of sink is bolted directly to steel wall studs with self tapping screws. Front will eventually get an aluminum trimmed, plywood face [ which will support almost 8' of the front, with doors once all piping is completed to waste tank [ not yet installed under trailer] Left end, under drainboard, will be the garbage cans spot.
I have JUST enough room to install handwash sink to the right of sink, on far wall - between sink and door. Pex pipe is there, drain will be part of the drain system on 4 bay sink.
First bay of 4 bay sink will be veggie washing station [ ok'd by inspector] with an air gap in drain.

[URL=http://s802.photobucket.com/user/mrtonysbbq/media/s3.jpg.html]
Cutting through new rig was just a touch nerve wracking, but measuring 67 times and cutting once [ with some final hammer and chisel fitting...lol] paid off! This mess will never be seen by anyone but me Wink
Those two pex connections were a real treat to say the least, but are complet. I PRAY none of them leak as many were made with sink out, requiring sink to be removed to get at! Too cold to add water to system and test, for a month or two yet??
[/URL]

Also built platform for upright freezer to sit on, over wheel well, and wrapped with pvc coated aluminum...'cuz I had half a roll from the last exterior remodel job I did a few years ago!!

Getting that sink in the door by myself was quite the acrobatic sight, I'm sure [ nobody present for video, THANKFULLY!!]
Being Blessed with income from my passion!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
PaleAle
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29 15 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking Good! What size water heater are you using? Where did you get your tanks? I saw a place on ebay that has alot of different sizes at decent prices called class a customs.
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29 15 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a 2.5 gallon water heater - same size as on my other rig - plenty of hot water when blended with cold to make more than hot enough water for dishes in my experience, plus nice and compact!! I got both the water heater and fresh tank on amazon - price shopped like crazy all kinds of sites - most also sell on amazon. Plus, after buying my cube van with my amazon credit card [ and got better rate than most banks were offering! ] , I got a couple hundred dollars in kick backs to use on amazon Cool Cool Cool
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30 15 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hand sink is hanging!

Must be a full 1/4" to spare Wink
I love it when a plan actually works!!
This may look a little low, when actually the 4 bay sink is actually high to accommodate the water tank etc. , PLUS, its high enough that I wont be hunched over doing dishes! I like it that way - the other rig kills my back after a long day then being bent over to reach the bottom of the sink...
Water lines will be attached to studs once insulation is installed

High of 21° tomorrow....Waste lines and tank may be put on hold a day or 5????? Crying or Very sad Confused
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
PaleAle
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01 15 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Tony's BBQ wrote:
Thats a 2.5 gallon water heater - same size as on my other rig - plenty of hot water when blended with cold to make more than hot enough water for dishes in my experience, plus nice and compact!! I got both the water heater and fresh tank on amazon - price shopped like crazy all kinds of sites - most also sell on amazon. Plus, after buying my cube van with my amazon credit card [ and got better rate than most banks were offering! ] , I got a couple hundred dollars in kick backs to use on amazon Cool Cool Cool

I was actually looking at the same heater but the 6.5 gallon its only $6 more right now. Your thoughts?
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01 15 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Size and electrical demand! These can draw quite a bit, and the more it holds, the longer it will make a generator growl! My other little one recovers in far less than 10 min. by the sound of my gen!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
PaleAle
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01 15 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Tony's BBQ wrote:
Size and electrical demand! These can draw quite a bit, and the more it holds, the longer it will make a generator growl! My other little one recovers in far less than 10 min. by the sound of my gen!

Did not think about recovery time... They are both 1500 watts so recovery in 2.5 would be alot faster then 6.5 gallon. Thanks for the info!! Just crank it to full power from what I see 145 degrees and then mix with cold to get proper washing temp of 100.
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04 15 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little more between plowing snow Cool and yet Crying or Very sad Its winter income...Anyhow - got the soda cooler in the other day - $100.00 on craigslist!! This morning I was off to Menards for some shelving:

Now I have some space to put all the misc. tools I seem to need every time I turn around...and bump into the table full of them! Confused
Window supplier from my previous life is stopping by tomorrow, gonna come up with a great deal on a window set-up Wink
Still havent suckered anyone into hauling the freezer up from my basement and hauling it into rig....May have to smoke a brisket to help get my bribe on!!!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
BonzBBQ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05 15 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Tony, can't wait for more pics, just finished my trailer and ready for inspection, hope to have your problem soon and need another trailer, sorry about the snow, don't have that problem down here in Fl. Razz
qfanatic01
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05 15 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tony,
I'm working on my food truck on Mondays off. What did you do for the exhaust fan? I'm guessing package deal. You don't need fire suppression?
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05 15 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire suppression is not required from what I can tell - thats from both my inspector, and my insurance company. As long as I have a K type extinguisher, it will keep all but 1 fire inspector in my part of the state according to other food truck owners w/o them - so I just wont go into that particular community Wink[ I have never gone there anyhow!]
I bought the hood from http://www.hoodmart.com/concession-trailer-hoods.aspx they do have suppression systems available if someone decides I'm wrong...$2300.oo complete vs $166.oo for a K type extinguisher....I wnt K type !
With our kind of heaving roads in winter, I have friends in the biz who have had ansul systems go off hitting bumps in the road, requiring $$ from recharge, professional cleaning, and loss of income while being cleaned - I am going to do all I can to keep the K type!!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25 15 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Havent gotten much more done lately...been mighty cold! BUT, I saw the sun pop its head out, and at 20° it felt like summer - so...I took the flat top from my portable griddle and made 1 simple modification, and she works perfect on top of my 6 burner cook top!! Cool Cool The grease tray now will dump directly into the grease trap on the char grill!! Easy peazy - the legs on the unit sit perfectly on the cooktop - only concern was grease:

It simply sits there! Will still work on the original cart, is stable enough to travel on top of oven, and can be pulled off to switch over from breakfast to fry pans, or just left there forever[???] Pretty proud of myself Wink Very Happy
Have to find a good way to finish grinding out the drain hole just to make her look a little pertier, but functions great!! The head on my 1/2" hole hog fell off and the drive shaft for the right angle is MIA.....Only 1/2" drill I own...all my big drill bits have 1/2" shanks Embarassed Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Cat797
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25 15 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use a die grinder Tony.........Should clean her up nicely. About $10 from Harbor Freight IIRC.
Weber 22.5 Performer
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26 15 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cat! Will look into that once I defrost!!
Spent a good part of the day laying in my icy gravel driveway [ about 17° w/o the breeze ] welding in the waste water holding tank....
Got a "deal" [ read, I owe some Pulled Pork and Brisket sammies to a fab shop Wink ] 6" x 4" x 5/16" angle iron....should hold the 50 gallons no problemo!!

skid plate:

Plenty of clearance...I HOPE!!

Planning on a couple more skid plates as she is kinda low...but ran out of wire!! There are some other reinforcements going on under there, but didnt get pics....
The tank is higher than the axles at its lowest point, and the bottom of tank is angled away from pics so even more clearance on passenger side...so...so long as I dont do any major curb jumping, it might even stay on Confused Embarassed
Now the final plumbing can begin. Firing up the grill or 6 burner seems to do a fine job heating the place up - expecting a high of 11° tomorrow...the final welds can wait!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
RodinBangkok
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27 15 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't do trailers, but have pretty low side pods on trucks, always worry not only about curb riding on corners, but speed bumps, some here can be pretty high, as there is no standard.
It's fun looking at trailers in the states, as I couldn't imagine getting one that long down almost any of the side streets here, in some streets you have to pull the mirrors in just to get down a one lane street and they have mirrors at the sharp bends to see the traffic coming from the other direction, even a long step van would be out of the question, but then there are no step vans here either.
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27 15 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have yet to have an issue with high speed bumps [ yet??] even with the more front mounted waste tank on existing rig, with drain mounted as low as this tank...and our roads are plenty wide for this 8'6" wide rig, but some driveway approaches have been an issue...carrying split logs have saved the day to make ramps out of on an occasion or 2....The only issue I see [so far, and I'm almost done building] is I did not order the extended tongue....I will be putting a electric jack on the nose so I can mount my propane tanks as close in as possible, leaving me a good turning radius. OOoops.... The bumper on my cube van will go under tank mounts, but the bumper on my pick-up truck will hit tanks in tight turning conditions if mounted too wide Crying or Very sad
I have the gas grill burning right now to heat the place...-8° F last I looked....it will heat the rig up no problem [ have window cracked for gasses] BUT, grill has been used quite a bit, so I'm gonna be hungry all day smelling it Embarassed Shocked Very Happy
Off to sniff some glue...I mean do some PVC plumbing Wink
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28 15 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wholly Octopus...May have sniffed a little too many glue fumes...LOL...But she is full plumbed!
The left drain has an air gap so we can "legally" wash veggies etc. in that sink

A couple wiggles along the way to miss the water tank and leg support and still keep 1/4" / ft drop...and then some!!

fully vented out the roof

While cruising around amazon, I found this little strainer...Figured for the $8 [?] ish, it was a good security blanket. I burned up the first pump on the BBQ rig as a small pc of burr from the manufacturing of the water tank got in pump and slowly wore the pump itself out Sad

Went to grab the 5 gallons of pink - water system safe antifreeze I picked up to test the system, but it was like jello!! It will wait!!!
I guess I now have to start playing cabinet maker, as I have all the materials to build a face with doors to hide the pipes etc. and use the little space thats left for storage. Again, a little chilly for that as I do not have a heated shop Sad
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Jeff T
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02 15 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good Tony!
I`ve got the same little filter on my system. No problems yet. I figured it wouldn't hurt. Looks like the same pump too. Plenty of water pressure for me.
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02 15 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jeff! Same kinda pump as my other rig, but for somereason almost $100.00 cheaper than when I had to replace the other one....
We are having a heat wave here ...34°!! ABOVE zero!!
Went to wally world and picked up a few more gallons of pink stuff, defrosted the gallons I had on hand. Only leaks were where someone neglected to fully tighten actual faucets where they meet sink Embarassed Embarassed WHOO-HOOOOOOO, IT ALL WORKS!!

I know I followed the instructions for the gas grill to convert it to LP, but either they sent me the wrong orifices, or I cant read....[ also cant fint the other set Crying or Very sad ] Sooo, I bored them out JUST a little, and we now have a flame I can live with!!

Rig would technically pass inspection right now, but still have a few things I want to do - cabinet for sink, generator room, and a few other tweaks....one more storm in the forecast then it looks like good weather for a while- should have her done this week!!!

Gettin hungry just thinking about it! Have some garlic / lime chicken marinating to try on the grill for dinner!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Ridge View BBQ
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02 15 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming along nicely, season is going to creep up on us before we know it! Here's to the weather cooperating with you so you can finish.
Wells Cargo 20' Concession Trailer w/porch 24"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Vending All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: