FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Breakfast at Bbq Joint?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Louie
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Nov 15 2014    Post subject: Breakfast at Bbq Joint? Reply with quote

Thinking about doing breakfast on the weekend's, I figure I'm up at 0 dark thirty loading up the smoker anyway, so it wouldn't be much of a stretch to fire up the griddle and crack a few eggs n fry bacon... what do you think or do??
kurtsara
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Nov 15 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wife makes a great brisket hash that we keep thinking of selling in the mornings during some of our four day events.

Try and incorporate smoked meat into some of it, might do all right

2 Ole Hickory CTO's
Smokin Mike
BBQ Super Pro

From a customer's viewpoint...

Years ago Stamey's BBQ in Greensboro, NC offered a full featured breakfast on the weekends. Tenderloin, gravy, grits, eggs, biscuits, pancakes and the other traditional breakfast meats. The line was always out the door. If you're not going to go all the way in... aka just eggs & bacon then I'd be inclined to stay home.
ckone
BBQ Super Pro

I did brisket hash at a restaurant that I worked at a few years back. #1 item on the brunch menu.

I was working on a food trailer that was going to focus on smoked meat hash. ( never got it going as I had to much else going on) Was planning Pulled Pork hash, brisket, chicken and sausage. It is a great way to use leftover meats from the previous day.

Rudy's does breakfast tacos, and pig n blankets, both grab and go and made to order. They always have a brisk business in the mornings.

If you are there anyway, you might as well make some extra money from it. Just make sure you have time to do it, you would not want your main product to suffer because you were cooking eggs.

What is traffic like near you in the mornings? You might try just weekends to start.
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Nov 16 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smokin Mike wrote:
From a customer's viewpoint...

Years ago Stamey's BBQ in Greensboro, NC offered a full featured breakfast on the weekends. Tenderloin, gravy, grits, eggs, biscuits, pancakes and the other traditional breakfast meats. The line was always out the door. If you're not going to go all the way in... aka just eggs & bacon then I'd be inclined to stay home.

^^^^This^^^^^^
if breakfast was not served at such ungodly hours, I may consider it again

I tried having breakfast here in 2013, my biggest problem was my breakfast cook. The guy called in sick at least once/week, he couldn't get 3 plates up at the same time because his timing thoroughly sucked.
Plus, the guy actually called my sysco rep and ordered liquid smoke for something, Yeah, liquid smoke. WTF!
Lone Star BBQ & Grill

PostPosted: Nov 17 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

We started serving breakfast on Sat and Sun about 9 months ago. Saturdays we serve 40 to 60. Sundays usually about 100 to 140. We do a lot of the typical breakfast platters. The big sellers are out blueberry walnut buttermilk pancakes, our biscuits and sausage gravy are also a big seller. Everything is made from scratch. We feel it is well worth while.
qfanatic01
BBQ Pro

I am planning to add an ala cart Sunday brunch next year.
Louie
BBQ Super Fan

Well we did run a breakfast service on Saturday and Sunday and pleased to report it was a success..
We had a reg full breakfast with eggs, bacon, smoked sausage links, beans, toast, tots..
Three maple biscuit slyders, pulled pork, ham and smoked sausage patties, putting an egg and cheese on each..
Tea, coffee, juice..
It was relatively easy to set up and serve..
I would recommend it if you're already there prepping.. Smile
SigSauerNY
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Nov 21 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/TheHickoryBBQ/photos/a.735819829775508.1073741829.651123824911776/868574223166734/?type=1&theater

or

https://www.facebook.com/TheHickoryBBQ/photos/a.735819829775508.1073741829.651123824911776/868570876500402/?type=1&theater
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Commercial BBQ All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: