FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My first attempts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Sausage Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camper Bob

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27 14 11:05 am    Post subject: My first attempts Reply with quote

After doing a lot of reading about the pro and cons of the KA grinder/stuffer I purchased a LEM grinder. It arrived last week from Amazon and I quickly unpacked it. I had already attended a sausage making class at a local kitchen, the week before. I was anxious to try my hand at Charcuterie. At someone elses suggestion, I purchased some lamb casings from Syracuse casings. I was going to attempt to make some beef sticks and stuff them in small casings. My first attempt after following numerous instructions and a package of LEM beef stick mixture, I fed the casings onto the horn of the grinder and proceeded to stuff. Well, I did have some blowouts due to my inexperience, but overall they came out well. They were not pretty, but after smoking them they tasted pretty good. I did my second "stuff" today with larger pig casings and one of the recipes for Jalapeno and cheddar cheese stuffed sausages.
The larger casings were easier to fill and I quickly had all of the 5 lbs of pork and seasonings stuffed. Smoked them this afternoon. No pix as I am not really comfortable loading pictures to this website. In any event I am very happy with the LEM #5 grinder/stuffer. Amazon has them on sale for $219 delivered. I will be stuffing as time goes on. Now, who do I feed all these sausages to? It's been a great experience and will be enjoying this new hobby from now on. I now have something else to feed my smoker besides ribs and brisket.
LEM #5 Meat Grinder
LEM 5# Vertical Sausage Stuffer
Cookshack Model SM025 Electric Smoker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Sausage Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: