FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smoked Burger Bolognese sauce

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23 07 11:00 pm    Post subject: Smoked Burger Bolognese sauce Reply with quote

I had a couple of pounds of burger in the freezer that I smoked in November, they went on the smoker with some apple and oak pellets, and as they started out only an inch and a quarter thick the smoke ring took up most of the outer third top, bottom and side of the meat.

I fried it up today in the big cast iron frying pan, and made up some Bolognese sauce from an old family recipe.

Ingredients: -

2lbs 83% burger previously smoked to 155
8 cans Tomato Sauce (Hunts) 15 Oz / can
3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
teaspoon Dried Mint
6 7 Dried Rosemary leaves crumbled.
3 teaspoons Dried Parsley
1 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
1 teaspoon Powdered Onion
1 teaspoons Dried Chives
1 teaspoons Dried Sweet Basil
1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
teaspoon Paprika
teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper

Fry the burger in a little EVOO browning it to taste, and allowing it to crumble into smaller lumps.

In a large saucepan put the tomato sauce from 8 cans, add the other ingredients to the tomato sauce and stir well. Simmer the sauce for 1 hour stirring occasionally.

Any time after the first half hour you can drain the burger and add it to the sauce to take in some of the other flavors. Just before serving add some fresh Parsley and a little sour cream to each bowl.

I like to serve Parmigiano Reggiano French Bread with this, slice French bread on the diagonal, and drizzle EVOO over the top, a sprinkle of garlic then a sprinkle of Parmigiano Reggiano to cover. Brown the bread and melt the cheese under the broiler, serve while still warm.

This was last nights dinner and although it was burger it was beef burger so I put it in the beef section if it should be somewhere else my apologies to Garry and would he mind moving it where it belongs!

I still work here!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Beef Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: