FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for good pulled pork recipe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Backyard Q

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02 14 8:24 am    Post subject: Looking for good pulled pork recipe Reply with quote

So here is what is going on my sister in law is getting married this spring, it is a destination wedding however they are having a reception when we get back. She wants to do pulled pork for the main dish for around 200 people, I have the space to cook it all however I normally pan and foil my pork butts and I don't believe I will be able to do so with that much meat. So I need I ideas on best way to accomplish this as well as thought on how much to cook? I am about 3/4 the way done with a lang 60 clone if that helps
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02 14 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

200 x 8 Oz = 100 lb cooked or 200 lb raw weight.

200 / 8lbs = 25 butts, 24 butts is 3 heavy cases, or 3.5 light cases.

8 Oz is a good heavy portion, if you take it down to 6 Oz you are down to 150 lbs raw weight, about 75 lbs cooked.

I still work here!
Catfish
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06 16 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done up to 40 butts on my Lang 80. Since they don't all come off at once, I use a deep disposable aluminum pan and put two sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil (each long enough to wrap a butt) in the pan. I put the first sheet in and press it down in the pan and the the second sheet in at a 90 degree angle. Pull a butt, put it in the foiled pan and wrap the first sheet followed by by the second. Once wrapped, I put the either in my warmer or my extra large fishing cooler. They will stay hot till you need them. Then I unwrap and the deep aluminum pans will hold two butts worth of pulled pork. If I want to hold them hot after pullin, I seal the pan top with heavy duty aluminum foil and slide it either into my warmer or back into the smoker. Once I start using the smoker to hold them, I'm done cooking and I lower the temp to about 150.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Smoked Foods All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: