FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

One way to skin Bacon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cured Meat Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
71ragtop
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19 14 10:18 am    Post subject: One way to skin Bacon Reply with quote

Just one way to make it a bit easier to skin a bellie. I use a roofing hook blade and cut skin into 2 inch strips then some catfish pliers and an electric fillet knife. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDNCQ3Fi3I0
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25 14 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to leave the skin on, then when you fry the bacon you just cut every 3/4" - 1" along the bacon rind... it also gives you a little something extra to chew on all morning! Wink Laughing Wink

I still work here!
jess
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25 14 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoEzzy wrote:
I like to leave the skin on, then when you fry the bacon you just cut every 3/4" - 1" along the bacon rind... it also gives you a little something extra to chew on all morning! Wink Laughing Wink
It also goes great in a pot of soup beans...
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26 14 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only had to deal with bellies with the rind on once, and I never ordered from that supplier again.
I feel sorry for you guys dealing with that.
The ones I get are skinned by a really cool machine designed to remove the skin, zero waste on my end that way. (i saw it on "How it's Made")
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cured Meat Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: