FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Atomic Buffalo Turds:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PDXsmoker
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26 05 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was hesitant at first but by the reaction here on the forum I figured I better try it. I brought some ribs and some ABT's, apperantly I need to bring more ABT's next time! lol As soon as one guy had em and went "OH MY GOD! YOU HAVE GOT TO TRY ONE OF THESE!" people were in a line to get to them.......I didn't even get one! Crying or Very sad lol
Jeff T
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27 05 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My heat/pain level isn`t very high, i had my doubt`s also. But after i made my first batch. Oh gotta make more of these. Like all good foods people will tire of them in time, then blast them with a different variation, like add seafood or fish for meat or make em hotter than hell. Evil or Very Mad Tell yer people first before ya serve them though. Oh its fun.
mding38926
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14 05 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried ABTs last night. The recipe looked awesome and dang if all the response wasn't awesome on the boards. Unfortunately, the wife and I must be the exception to the rule, as we just could not get a taste for them. I think I am going to have to try them again in a few weeks and see if maybe they will grow on me.
Alien BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14 05 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jefft and mding38926,
I agree, my insides don't like the outsides of ABT's however these are great.
http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1041
bigabyte
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14 05 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if it was the heat that bothered you, but if it was just the taste, then maybe something went wrong. I mean, ABT's have been such a hit among everyone I know who tried them that I just can't imagine someone saying they didn't think they tasted good. I have known people that didn't like them because they don't like spicy food, and I have seen people that just flat out refused them because they knew they were spicy. But I've never seen someone say they didn't taste good.

Heck, it's so sad to think that someone doesn't like the taste of ABT's, it almost makes me cry. Kinda like that drop-dead gorgeous lady who I used to work with that said "I just don't understand why everyone's so big on sex. I just don't think it's that fun.". Shocked Shocked Shocked I was married, she was married. But dang! Talk about a waste of a beuatiful lady! It still makes me cry to this day! Crying or Very sad
mding38926
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14 05 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOl......Doggy.........as sad as it is to say...for the wife and i it was taste.....heck we love spicy food......and eat it regularly. I thought I was gonna love ABTs and could not wait to try them.......so trust me when I say it was disappointing for me too.
bigabyte
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14 05 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, I guess not every food is gonna please everybody! Very Happy

There's no excuse for what that beautiful lady said though! Confused
Steve-O
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14 05 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mding38926 wrote:
I tried ABTs last night. The recipe looked awesome and dang if all the response wasn't awesome on the boards. Unfortunately, the wife and I must be the exception to the rule, as we just could not get a taste for them. I think I am going to have to try them again in a few weeks and see if maybe they will grow on me.

Use thin bacon and make sure it cooks till the bacon gets on the crispy side.
mding38926
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14 05 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve-O.......definitely did use a thinner bacon and let it cook til it was crisp. For some reason it was surprisingly just not my cup of tea and no one is more surprised than I as my mouth was watering the whole time it cooked.
JimH
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14 05 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably the cooked pepper taste that turns you off. Mom used to make stuffed green bell peppers, I liked the stuffing but couldn't stand the pepper. I like hot sauce in my filling which changes the flavor somewhat and it doesn't hurt to leave some vein & seeds in - it's like getting the door prise when you bite into one.
Jeff T
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14 05 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"it's like getting the door prise when you bite into one".

You said it there jim the last batch i made was hotter than hell, i left the vains in and just cut out the main vain and seeds. OOO boy dems was hot. Shocked Been buying the same type and size of peppers from the same store all summer but dang dees was HOT Shocked
bigabyte
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14 05 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like the heat, you should try the Habaneros! Goes a little something like this...

Pop pepper in mouth... Rolling Eyes ... Very Happy ... Shocked Shocked Shocked ... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed ... Razz ... Twisted Evil
DawgPhan
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15 05 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WoooDoggy wrote:
If you like the heat, you should try the Habaneros! Goes a little something like this...

Pop pepper in mouth... Rolling Eyes ... Very Happy ... Shocked Shocked Shocked ... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed ... Razz ... Twisted Evil

I would pay good money to watch someone eat a whole habenero....those damn things are hot...HOT I tell ya...
bigabyte
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15 05 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgPhan wrote:
I would pay good money to watch someone eat a whole habenero....those damn things are hot...HOT I tell ya...

Too bad you didn't say something earlier! I had one of the leftover ones for lunch today. Brought in a 12 oz bottle of whole milk and a little plastic yogurt thing to help take the heat off. It was great! Strangely enough it didn't seem as hot this time! They say not every pepper is the same, and one could be 10 times hotter than another! Shocked Shocked Shocked
allsmokenofire
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15 05 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Too bad you didn't say something earlier! I had one of the leftover ones for lunch today. Brought in a 12 oz bottle of whole milk and a little plastic yogurt thing to help take the heat off. It was great! Strangely enough it didn't seem as hot this time! They say not every pepper is the same, and one could be 10 times hotter than another!

LOL...or it could be you've destroyed half the nerve endings in your mouth and now you don't feel much anymore Laughing
bigabyte
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15 05 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

allsmokenofire wrote:
LOL...or it could be you've destroyed half the nerve endings in your mouth and now you don't feel much anymore Laughing

Laughing Maybe! There is a sort of "resistance" that you build up over time when you eat lots of spicy food. I don't think you lose any ability to taste, but you can definitely handle it a bit more each time you try it. I can still remember when I could barely eat "nacho slice" jalapenos. Nowadays that stuff is like pickles! I would be surprised if I was more resistant to a whole habanero after only one try! I think it was just a milder habanero. Then again, I WAS expecting a lot of heat. I got it but it wasn't quite as strong as I was expecting! Laughing
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15 05 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WoooDoggy wrote:
Don't know if it was the heat that bothered you, but if it was just the taste, then maybe something went wrong. I mean, ABT's have been such a hit among everyone I know who tried them that I just can't imagine someone saying they didn't think they tasted good. I have known people that didn't like them because they don't like spicy food, and I have seen people that just flat out refused them because they knew they were spicy. But I've never seen someone say they didn't taste good.

Heck, it's so sad to think that someone doesn't like the taste of ABT's, it almost makes me cry. Kinda like that drop-dead gorgeous lady who I used to work with that said "I just don't understand why everyone's so big on sex. I just don't think it's that fun.". Shocked Shocked Shocked I was married, she was married. But dang! Talk about a waste of a beuatiful lady! It still makes me cry to this day! Crying or Very sad

I got to think that her old man was doing it or should I say "her" wrong if'n she did not like it, then again maybe she was gay and was a living in the closet as it were.

For me, sex if like BBQ, aint no such thing as bad Q, just some a whole lot better than others, and if ya get it wrong just keep on trying till you get it right.... Aint that half the fun of both..??
LIAR #100
bigabyte
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15 05 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roxy wrote:
For me, sex if like BBQ, aint no such thing as bad Q, just some a whole lot better than others, and if ya get it wrong just keep on trying till you get it right.... Aint that half the fun of both..??

Truer words have never been spoken!

...No, no, wait a minute.... I've definitely had bad BBQ to the point where I tried a piece, stopped mid-bite, spit it out and said "Noooo friggin' way"! Can't say the same for the other thing you compared it to. Then again, maybe I've just been lucky up until now! Laughing
JimH
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15 05 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those little peppers can be suprising. One year I grew some chiltepin peppers, so when they had matured I started picking them and drying them. Absentmindedly I popped one in my mouth, how bad could it be right? Embarassed
bigabyte
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15 05 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I better clarify that the habaneros I was eating were not whole raw habaneros. They were stuffed with mango/banana flavored cream cheese and roasted on the grill until nice and soft. So the seeds and veins were not present. I most definitely would not think of eating one if it still had the seeds and veins. I mean, for cripes sake, these stuffed ones really burn for a full 5 minutes, and you best not lick your lips or else you will not be happy about it! Shocked They taste sooooo good though! It is a shame a habanero is so stinkin hot that you don't really get to get a good shot of it's flavor. It mingles really well with the mango and banana cream cheese!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Other recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: