FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New members please read!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Catering Stickys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23 08 1:43 am    Post subject: New members please read! Reply with quote

A big hello to any new members.

The sticky threads at the top of these forums are questions that, have been asked every now and then.

You may find the answer to that question you were about to ask in one of them! If you don't find the question asked here, then please feel free to ask away.

SoEzzy (Moderator)

I still work here!
BBQMAN
BBQ Super All Star

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23 08 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for making that SoEzzy, SoEzzy! Cool

I'm glad to see some new members here. A new perspective, new ideas, and new ways of doing things is always refreshing. So for those of you that are new, thanks for joining us! Very Happy

Thanks to all of the members that regularly participate, we have a ton (well actually 35 pages) worth of great information here.

Some of the stickies that SoEzzy has added cover the basics of what we do.

Those of us that are "old timers" will usually go out of our way to answer your questions. Some questions like pricing are regional, while many others are of a general nature.

I know that eveyone either can't (or doesn't want to ) wade through everything there is in this section.

However, there is a lot of good info (and some good humor) available here.

We are just as opinionated as the next bunch, so please bear with us if the topic gets heated.

Wish I had this site when I first got started! Wink
cruzado_xxi
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23 08 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks moderations...i will look for some answers before i post.

(Dont worry, is in english also)
bbqbear3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12 10 12:14 am    Post subject: New Guy Reply with quote

I am new to the Smoke Ring, and am loving it. I am an Oklahoman who barbecues on the side. I teach middleschool, and coach football and wrestling. I started smoking when a friend of mine at the school I was teaching, made a smoker for me with his Agriculture class. I first smoked for just my family, then one day decided to send an email to other teachers to see if they wanted me to smoke for them. I haven't had an empty smoker since. I have catered from 25, to 450 people at one time. I may have to retire from teaching, to keep up with my BBQ Gigs. I'm loving it!
TacSmoke

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05 11 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New here to the smoke ring and just wanted to say thank you so much to all who are willing to share their knowledge and experience here. I've been getting a lot of requests from my regular backyard barbecues of 50 - 60 to cater for parties of 150 - 200. This forum has been extremely beneficial in deciding if I want to turn a hobby and a passion into side business. My most heartfelt and sincerest Mahalo to all!
TacSmoke

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05 11 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New here to the smoke ring and just wanted to say thank you so much to all who are willing to share their knowledge and experience here. I've been getting a lot of requests from my regular backyard barbecues of 50 - 60 to cater for parties of 150 - 200. This forum has been extremely beneficial in deciding if I want to turn a hobby and a passion into side business. My most heartfelt and sincerest Mahalo to all!
lynkslover

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14 14 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also new to the forum. Turning a passion into a home catering business is where I'm at.
Mostly Pork Butt, Ribs, Turkey's, Whole and chicken thighs along with Brisket is pretty much the standard.
Using a new model 4 from Smokin-it and so far everything is working well. The electric control (Auber) is a really nice feature for regulating temperature inside the smoker and in the meat.
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to everyone !
Brinkman Gourmet vertical
Master Forge vertical
Cook-n-Cajun vertical
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Catering Stickys All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: