FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smoke House plans?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dwhiteboy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05 13 8:14 am    Post subject: Smoke House plans? Reply with quote

Anyone have plans for a smoke house for sausage, ham's, ext? Somewhere around 4'x6'x32" deep. And the fire pit/smoke box?
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05 13 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a great resource,

http://www.meatsandsausages.com/ http://wedlinydomowe.pl/ <needs translation but essentially the same site.

But you may want to look at smaller electric powered units with smoke generators, temps and humidity levels are very important and leaving it to local atmospheric conditions is a real dangerous way to handle perishable products
dwhiteboy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05 13 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Harry
I've researched this site a few weeks ago and it's very helpful. Thought someone may have plans to a smaller smokehouse close to what I'm wanting to build,. I'm going to insulate the smokehouse and make a few hanging rack's and a table for curing hams. Well ham's take a few months so it may not be till next winter on them. I've also researched and read a few books on cold smoking sausage and curing meat's in the past 6 months. Given it's winter I'm wanting to try my luck at making my own sausage and bacon.. Tired of paying the costly dept for bacon. The good stuff run's $4.50+ for 12oz here local..
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06 13 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bacon is easy, especially because it gets fully cooked before being consumed .
There are a few bacon threads in the "Cured meats" topic that cover bacon nicely.
I started one named " honey-Cured bacon" that has an easy formulation listed,
And you'd find more of what you're looking for in that topic too
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Smoked Foods All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: