FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DPP Clone build
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
seattlepitboss
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08 14 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you are going to skip adding fenders? I really don't recommend that. I made mine from 1/8" plate sheared to 10x55.5". I bent each fender two times, making 3 18.5" sides. The bends were 120 degree bends, so in the end I had the upper half of a hexagon. Then I sheared out 1/8x1" flat bar to fit the sides and welded them on and sanded them smooth. They fit just great over my 14" trailer tires. See pics:

auto5man
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07 14 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seattlepitboss wrote:
So you are going to skip adding fenders? I really don't recommend that. I made mine from 1/8" plate sheared to 10x55.5". I bent each fender two times, making 3 18.5" sides. The bends were 120 degree bends, so in the end I had the upper half of a hexagon. Then I sheared out 1/8x1" flat bar to fit the sides and welded them on and sanded them smooth. They fit just great over my 14" trailer tires. See pics:

PitBoss,

Thanks for the pics....nope I'm not going to skip the fenders, I just haven't had time to get to it yet, I've been too busy COOKING!! My cooker has traveled several miles and cooked three events since my last update Cool
DPP Clone Build in progress: http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=65139&start=0
Bkndsdl
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30 14 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto5man, looks great! would you by any chance be able to share your turkey leg recipes?

K.I.S.S. U.D.S.
My DBS
My Hybrid Build
auto5man
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30 14 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bkndsdl wrote:
Auto5man, looks great! would you by any chance be able to share your turkey leg recipes?

Hi Mike, thanks! As far as the recipe, its not complicated. Brine your legs first. As far as rub, I used two different ones in that batch. One was a commercially prepared "poultry rub" and the other one I make for ribs. So choose whatever rub you want to try, roll the legs in olive oil and sprinkle your rub on. I like to maintain a temp of 275-300 when doing poultry. Cook to an internal temp of 165, maybe a little longer....I like my legs falling apart and not 'chewy' so I overcook just a hair. For this batch I liked the rib rub better than the poultry rub (it was too salty and heavy on sage).
DPP Clone Build in progress: http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=65139&start=0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: