FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does Indiana require mobile smoker registration?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
edgel2001

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10 13 7:12 pm    Post subject: Does Indiana require mobile smoker registration? Reply with quote

I will be pulling a Lang 84 and was wondering if anyone else registered their pull behind that live in Indiana? I did call BMV and after 2hrs (they were very polite) of phine calls and several times of being told they dont know and will call me back, I was told that I should register it and get a plate. I was told either a trailer plate or a special machinery plate. Any Indiana smokers out there with info on this?
davefan360

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11 13 11:17 am    Post subject: no plate Reply with quote

I have seen IN guys at comps with towable trailers with out plates. in MI i know you don;t need a plate unless it is a "everyday use type trailer" like a landscape trailer or a utility type trailer. you don;t need one on a "limited use trailer" stump grinder, log spliter, BBQ
SigSauerNY
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11 13 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno but I used maine trailer registration company, paid 99 for 5 years and was paying 127 for one year in NY. So no headaches and saved some coin
EightySecond

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15 13 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sig, good to see a familar face here. Very Happy

SigSauerNY wrote:
I dunno but I used maine trailer registration company, paid 99 for 5 years and was paying 127 for one year in NY. So no headaches and saved some coin
Fast Murray
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16 13 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DMV should be able to get you a straight answer on that. In SD, if it isn't used to haul something (like a utility trailer) you don't license it. I always haul wood and sometimes other BBQ supplies in our Lang and haven't had any trouble. We pulled it all the way to Lynchburg and back this way.
Weber OTS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: