FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blackstone Griddle Grease Trap Mod

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Flat Top & Griddle Grilling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EMoe7

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07 13 4:02 am    Post subject: Blackstone Griddle Grease Trap Mod Reply with quote

I bought a Blackstone Griddle. I love it's design & the ease of cooking food on it. After using it for a 2nd time, I found that the grease that dripped from the griddle into the container that hangs from the side of the griddle was lacking. The biggest issue for me, was the grease that would drip backwards from the exit hole & run down the leg of the griddle; totally unacceptable.

I searched the net for some modification ideas, with this issue, for this griddle, and I came across a post on this website.

After finding no solution, or idea that I like, I decided to come up with my own design, & share it here.

You can find a full set of photos that I unloaded to my Flickr account..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metrades/sets/72157636260219885/
harner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27 14 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot believe that no one has commented on this. You could make something like this and sell it as an accessory! I really dislike the grease trap, but love the griddle. I've seen some "Mickey Mouse" fixes or relocations for the trap, but this takes the cake. Very Happy
Bojangles

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19 14 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great solution.

I need to call over a buddy who does metalwork. and offer to feed him well for something like this.

Because of the direction my deck slopes, I'd like to relocate my entire grease trap setup to the other side, but am a bit hesitant to hack on the griddle itself and weld the tab and hole on the chute to the other side. Any thoughts or ideas on this?
20" Custom Dísco
BBQ Guru DigiQ DX2
Copper Maverick ET-732
British Racing Green ThermaPen
Beertooth
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15 15 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great mod! Very Happy

I have a 3 burner Camp Chef with a griddle. The grease trap
is definitely lacking to say the least.

You got me thinking now.... Very Happy
18.5" WSM (Stoked)
22.5" WSM
85 Gallon UDS
Weber Smokey Joe/Mini WSM
Cast Iron Cookware
24" Disc Cooker
Masterbuilt 40" Electric
richardhagar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28 15 9:45 pm    Post subject: Blackstone grease trap mod Reply with quote

All you need to do to solve the grease trap issue is use a piece of small diameter metal rod cut to length and stuck through the grease tray hole so that it reaches from slightly above the hole down to one of the bottom corners of the grease cup. A straight piece of coat hanger wire works great. The grease will track right down the wire. No welding. Smile
Natural Hattrick 3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20 15 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: Blackstone grease trap mod Reply with quote

richardhagar wrote:
All you need to do to solve the grease trap issue is use a piece of small diameter metal rod cut to length and stuck through the grease tray hole so that it reaches from slightly above the hole down to one of the bottom corners of the grease cup. A straight piece of coat hanger wire works great. The grease will track right down the wire. No welding. Smile

I was told I was getting the 36" Blackstone Griddle for Xmas this year. This is good information. Thanks Cool
Rayzer
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22 15 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like mighty fine Merry Christmas to you! It's on my list of toys to aquire.
Weber Kettle
Liar #34. Honest!
Natural Hattrick 3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22 15 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayzer wrote:
That sounds like mighty fine Merry Christmas to you! It's on my list of toys to aquire.

I'm pretty excited for sure. Could be my best Xmas in years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Flat Top & Griddle Grilling All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: