FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fast Ribs on Smoker

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hollygrove

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18 13 11:18 pm    Post subject: Fast Ribs on Smoker Reply with quote

I am new to this forum but after many searches I could not find anything on the topic of smoking ribs fast so here is my experience and a method that I used that turned out great.

Got up Sunday morning and started the Smoker, and proceeded to start preping the baby back ribs preparing for a 5-6 hour smoke time for Fathers Day Lunch. Pulled the ribs out of the fridge and noticed that the meat had started going bad before the sell by date and only had them in the fridge for 2 days (green tint and bad smell).

Drove 30 min to store, and all I could find was spare ribs so this is what I used after spenidng an extra $100 bucks in a panic!

Wife kept telling me just to do hotdogs and hamburgers -but ribs was on my mind - so ribs it was.

Raised temp on smoker to 275/300 degrees and smoked for 1:45.

I am using a reverse flow wood burner so there is a little flucuation to the temp. Also, I put a water pan at the smoke output and spritzed a little to help keep them from drying out which I typically do not need a water pan.

Wrapped in foil with normal routine mixtures and liquid for 1 hour at 275/300 degrees.
Unwrapped and put back on smoker with light sauce for 10 - 15 min.

Pulled off smoker and wrapped in pans to rest for 10 minutes.

Cut and served-everbody went back for seconds and thirds so overall I would say that they turned out great.

The intent of the artice is that spareribs can be done faster than the normal 5-6 hour methods and can be done fast and taste great, be tender and not dryed out in around 3 hours if you have no other options.

BTW the store refunded the money for the bad ribs on Monday.

Hopefully this helps out if you are ever in a panic and needs ribs smoked fast.
TrailerBuilder
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27 13 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jess
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28 13 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good input but this is a smoking site. Ribs can be done in less than 2 hrs. with a pressure cooker & a grill. They can be done in less than an hr. in a pressure frier & a grill ( think KFC) I personally have a problem with the crutch. What ever floats your boat...
1buckie
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14 13 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well......this is the Hot 'n' Fast section....good description, finish pics would be nice, but still, good description.... Very Happy
It's gonna say on my tombstone: Died of thick, heavy sauces ~~~~>K
" The Creepy Guy Down the Street With All The Webers"
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14 13 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want ribs in a hurry the first thing to do is trim them as tight as you can.

Trim spares to St Louis, with the help of the Texas crutch you can get times down to under 4 hours.

If you need to get the time down to less than that, think about grilling, with a wood fire running hot, you can get smoke flavor on your ribs, and with a fire and grate temperature over 600° you can have ribs cooked between 45 and 60 minutes, but ho do have to watch them and keep them moving, side to side and end to end.

I still work here!
marrythomas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07 13 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the advantages of using ribs..?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Hot & Fast All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: