FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wrecklessbahn

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreckless
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09 13 9:43 pm    Post subject: Wrecklessbahn Reply with quote

My time spent at Wrecklessville is usually enjoyable but the trip getting there during times of heay rain can be a real off road adventure. The South Texas black clay is a gooey gumbo that sticks to everything and offering little traction to any vehicle navigating it. Attempting to back a flatbed of steel supplies to the shop is left for another day till it dries out. A cumbersome hard turn just prior to the shop makes the trailer backing difficult on a good day. Till now... my kiddo calls me a few weeks ago and asked if one of his work contractors could come and dump about 100 yds of premium road base that he otherwise would have to py to get rid of. Wreckless said "He darn sure can". It took several weekends to get decent weather but this weekend was it, rented a Bobcat / skid loader and put the kiddo to work ( he is a heavy equipment operator so no use Wreckless needing to crawl into the machine)
Pretty much impassible

Typical days driving around the shop several days after the rain

The beginnings of the Wreckless super highway

A few more finishing touches left to do but man-o-man, much better. An 85MPH max speed limit sign will be going up soon Shocked Laughing Very Happy

SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09 13 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it the 85 mph will be for the reversing area!

There's ne real need to slow them down to that speed when going forward... is there?

Looking a whole lot better than it did, though remember to collect more road base when you can, cause it's still going to need patching, etc.

I still work here!
Geronimo
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10 13 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great start to a nice driveway.. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: