FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Traeger PTG

View previous topic :: View next topic  
reubenray
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16 13 10:38 pm    Post subject: Traeger PTG Reply with quote

I am thinking of getting this to use with my motorhome. I realize it is small, but I could not pack a bigger one. I would mainly use it for burger, steaks and ribs. Being there is only 5" of space between the grill and the top it is limited to what I can smoke/grill in it.

Has anyone used this?

http://www.traegergrills.com/shop/grills/BBQ020
reubenray
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18 13 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

73 looks, but no replies!!!
Maniac
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18 13 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked but never used 1 so i have no reply Wink
nes_matt
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08 17 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Traeger PTG Reply with quote

reubenray wrote:
I am thinking of getting this to use with my motorhome. I realize it is small, but I could not pack a bigger one. I would mainly use it for burger, steaks and ribs. Being there is only 5" of space between the grill and the top it is limited to what I can smoke/grill in it.

Has anyone used this?

http://www.traegergrills.com/shop/grills/BBQ020

ReubenRay, did you end up getting this? if so, how do you like it? I have the same questions for the same reason. We just bought a motorhome and I need something to grill will it. This seems like a viable option but there is VERY little out there in the way of video reviews. the little bit of video I have seen doesn't really review it.

People on RV forums seem to like it, but they may not have our standards.
fish&q
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09 17 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't own one but Green Mountain also makes a small one that might work for you
Meadow Creek chicken cooker
Old Dave
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09 17 6:06 am    Post subject: Pellet Grill Reply with quote

Over the last 15 years, I have owned several different pellet grills including the Traeger PTG and I will tell you that it is the biggest POS in the industry. I changed the controller a couple of times and made several other modifications to get this thing to work and finally just gave up. Decided to use it as shooting target and had some buddies over to shoot and one of them talked me out of it. I was ashamed to even give it away. I sure wouldn't recommend it even for a boat anchor!
MountainMan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09 17 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Over the last 15 years, I have owned several different pellet grills including the Traeger PTG and I will tell you that it is the biggest POS in the industry. I changed the controller a couple of times and made several other modifications to get this thing to work and finally just gave up. Decided to use it as shooting target and had some buddies over to shoot and one of them talked me out of it. I was ashamed to even give it away. I sure wouldn't recommend it even for a boat anchor!

There are so many BETTER options out there....

Please do a bit more research for your own good!!!!!
pz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04 17 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish&q wrote:
I don't own one but Green Mountain also makes a small one that might work for you

I have the GMG Davy Crockett and like it very much. There is only one problem with the unit, and that is the leg system. I read on another forum that one person said "the person that designed those legs should have their thumbs broken!" Laughing

I've taken the legs completely off, and only use the little spring loaded legs now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: