FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Traeger PTG

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
reubenray
BBQ Fan


Joined: 16 May 2009
Posts: 134
Location: Elberta, AL

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16 13 10:38 pm    Post subject: Traeger PTG Reply with quote

I am thinking of getting this to use with my motorhome. I realize it is small, but I could not pack a bigger one. I would mainly use it for burger, steaks and ribs. Being there is only 5" of space between the grill and the top it is limited to what I can smoke/grill in it.

Has anyone used this?

http://www.traegergrills.com/shop/grills/BBQ020
_________________
Retired and Traveling in our Motorhome
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reubenray
BBQ Fan


Joined: 16 May 2009
Posts: 134
Location: Elberta, AL

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18 13 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

73 looks, but no replies!!!
_________________
Retired and Traveling in our Motorhome
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maniac
BBQ Super Pro


Joined: 02 Oct 2010
Posts: 2434
Location: Pa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18 13 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked but never used 1 so i have no reply Wink
_________________
RF Smoker
20" disc
uds
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nes_matt
BBQ Fan


Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Posts: 266

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08 17 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Traeger PTG Reply with quote

reubenray wrote:
I am thinking of getting this to use with my motorhome. I realize it is small, but I could not pack a bigger one. I would mainly use it for burger, steaks and ribs. Being there is only 5" of space between the grill and the top it is limited to what I can smoke/grill in it.

Has anyone used this?

http://www.traegergrills.com/shop/grills/BBQ020


ReubenRay, did you end up getting this? if so, how do you like it? I have the same questions for the same reason. We just bought a motorhome and I need something to grill will it. This seems like a viable option but there is VERY little out there in the way of video reviews. the little bit of video I have seen doesn't really review it.

People on RV forums seem to like it, but they may not have our standards.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fish&q
BBQ Super Fan


Joined: 14 Aug 2010
Posts: 415
Location: Florida

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09 17 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't own one but Green Mountain also makes a small one that might work for you
_________________
Lang 60
500 Hog cooker
Juice can
Meadow Creek chicken cooker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old Dave
BBQ Pro


Joined: 04 Nov 2005
Posts: 689
Location: Coatesville, Indiana

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09 17 6:06 am    Post subject: Pellet Grill Reply with quote

Over the last 15 years, I have owned several different pellet grills including the Traeger PTG and I will tell you that it is the biggest POS in the industry. I changed the controller a couple of times and made several other modifications to get this thing to work and finally just gave up. Decided to use it as shooting target and had some buddies over to shoot and one of them talked me out of it. I was ashamed to even give it away. I sure wouldn't recommend it even for a boat anchor!
_________________
Old Dave
Ribs & Bibs BBQ Team
http://olddavespo-farm.blogspot.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MountainMan
Newbie


Joined: 27 Dec 2007
Posts: 53

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09 17 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Over the last 15 years, I have owned several different pellet grills including the Traeger PTG and I will tell you that it is the biggest POS in the industry. I changed the controller a couple of times and made several other modifications to get this thing to work and finally just gave up. Decided to use it as shooting target and had some buddies over to shoot and one of them talked me out of it. I was ashamed to even give it away. I sure wouldn't recommend it even for a boat anchor!


There are so many BETTER options out there....

Please do a bit more research for your own good!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pz



Joined: 08 Oct 2014
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04 17 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish&q wrote:
I don't own one but Green Mountain also makes a small one that might work for you


I have the GMG Davy Crockett and like it very much. There is only one problem with the unit, and that is the leg system. I read on another forum that one person said "the person that designed those legs should have their thumbs broken!" Laughing

I've taken the legs completely off, and only use the little spring loaded legs now.
_________________
PZ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group