FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A little playing around with Pizza

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrailerBuilder
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02 13 10:56 am    Post subject: A little playing around with Pizza Reply with quote

I see all these amazing pizzas on the Ring and it has got me fired up on wanting to do pizzas and eventually having a wood fired oven outside in my future outdoor kitchen build Rolling Eyes

My oldest Trent got the idea of wanting pizza muffins. I figured okay, well try. It was a last minute idea so we just stopped at the local grocery and bought easy ingredients including pizza dough in a bag Embarassed I plan on doing my own dough soon but for this last minute cook, Betty Crocker pulled through Laughing

Ingredients

Rolled out the dough and cut pieces and "tried" to get them into the muffin pan. This was a PITA Laughing

Sauce added

Pepperoni and Canadian Bacon

Cheese

Trent wanted one more layer of pepperoni Very Happy

Dough rolled over the tops

Out of the oven

Finished product.

Trent and Braden Loved them Cool

They didnt look the greatest, but they actually were pretty good, and for a cheap quick pizza dough, it was really pretty good. A pain to get the dough in the muffin pan but worth the effort for the fun times with the boys Very Happy I didnt go overboard with the sauce and they needed more, but Ill remember that for next time and the boys have informed me there will be a next time Laughing

Made Robin and I a quick pepperoni and cb pizza also. Did it in one of my cast iron skillets. Turned out really well.

It was good, again, cheap dough, but pretty tasty. This was my first go at pizza's, sad I know, but we have a great pizza place up the road that delivers. BUT, I will be making a lot more in the future for sure.

Thanks for looking Very Happy
Jarhead
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02 13 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking pizza Troy. I tried that muffin pan trick before and it wasn't pretty either. Very Happy
Too bad you didn't have SMOKED CHEESE to top it with. Laughing
See ya next week at the Post or ??

Jarhead's World Blog
KCBS CBJ & HMFIC Debbie's Q Shack
DrunkPlumber
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04 13 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure but I think this post belongs in the EBO section Wink

JK, looks like you all had a good time together. I miss my boys. Enjoy them while you can.
I have never tried the muffin pan thing but I think I am up to the challenge.

The cast iron pizza looks real good. Care to share your method?

Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid.

There is no such thing as too much onion.

I'm NOT liar #94. I swear!

Last edited by DrunkPlumber on Mon Mar 04 13 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
italian skewer
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04 13 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it was just a good ol pizza day with all shapes and sizes going on. Awesome eats if you're looking for that perfect snack. Looks like Trent knows what he wants. He's got it all figured out. Very Happy Laughing
Weber 22.5" Silver
Weber Smokey Joe

If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?
TrailerBuilder
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09 13 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John, although they didnt look worth a darn, they were damn good. I agree some smoked cheese would have made it all better Laughing Wonder when my delivery will arrive Shocked

Thanks Drunk Plumber, nothing better than spending time with my boys, and both are starting to really enjoy being in the kitchen and on the cookers with me Very Happy Not really a method for me on the CI pizza, more of a wing and a prayer Laughing This was my first attemt, so I just added a light layer of flour in the pan, aded the dough, fixed the pizza and kept an eye on it in the oven til it was done, about 20 mins. And just an FYI, I havent seen my EBO since k.a.m. was at my place back in October Rolling Eyes

italian skewer, Thanks! It was a fun cook, and yes, when it comes to pizza, Trent knows exactly what he wants Laughing
Neth's Redneck BBQ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04 14 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been wanting to try pizza in a cast iron skillet , i will haft to try the muffin thing with my bread machine pizza dough . looks tasty guys .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Bread Baking All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: