FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just Some Plain Ole Wings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Griffin
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21 12 9:09 pm    Post subject: Just Some Plain Ole Wings Reply with quote

We have been so busy lately with Christmas parties, trips out of town and Christmas shopping that we haven't done ANY Egging since that deep dish/pan pizza back on the 6th! Even when we do have time, we just simply have not had the energy.

Last night, Mrs. G was supposed to have a Girls Night out so I was determined to fix that and grill me up some wings. Wings get bought, rubbed down with some DP Dust and were air drying in the fridge. Get a call from SWMBO that the night out was canceled was canceled. There goes HALF my wings. Oh well, need to eat more rabbit food anyway.

Wings went on the Egg on a raised grate at 350F with some cherry wood for smoke. Think they went around 20 minutes or so. Got tossed with some sauce made of Franks, butter, some siracha, garlic and onion powder. It was cold and I was lazy, so no pics on the grill tonight.

I'll try and rack my brain for something to Egg tonight and I'm gearing up for Egging my first Prime Rib on the Egg for Christmas (and only my 2nd one to cook ever) Just gotta transport my Egg the long 10 miles to my parents house.

Wishing everybody Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukka, Kwanzaa or Festivus or however you roll. Wink
Manana
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21 12 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good but they aren't exactly plain ole wings. Laughing
The artist formerly known as Liar #95
(until beertooth whined) NOW Liar #96
Char-Griller Smokin Pro w/SFB
Char-Griller Akorn Kamado
zski
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21 12 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah, they are pretty plain. As good as a cook as you are, you shouldn't even bother with them. A little disappointed.

Now pack them up and send them my way, to a plain ol guy.

Traeger 075
N8DCJ
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21 12 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grif

Looks good , I am doing wings this weekend for the Browns game , how hot was that sauce with the siracha ? I don't want to do wings with a full blown BBQ sauce on them this time , too much of a pain in the butt to stay clean sitting on the couch etc... can you give me a guesstimate of the ratio of ingredients ?

Dan
Griffin
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21 12 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL @zski. Sorry, they are all gone.

N8DCJ - I just used the recipe on the back of the bottle. 1/2 cup of Franks and a 1/3 cup of butter. That's not usually hot enough for us, so a coupla squirts of sriracha, you'll have to play around with that to get it as hot as you want it. Then just sprinkled in some garlic and onion powder. I just kinda eyeballed it. I would usually squeeze in 1/2 a lemon if I have one on hand just to brighten up the flavor a bit, but I was out last night.
N8DCJ
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21 12 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grif

Ok thanks !! lol , ya know I have been using Franks for a couple of years and have never read the bottle , guess I should pay more attention...

Dan
Canadian Bacon
BBQ Super All Star

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22 12 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those plain ole wings sure do look pretty on that plate Griffin.Nice job on the wings and your pics look awesome,nice job all around.
Napoleon Legend Gasser
20"& 26" Discada
Two of the fastest Thermapens ever made ... Black& Blue
LIAR #25
thunder92

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22 12 1:17 am    Post subject: nice Reply with quote

My wife and my favorite as of late also. So good and pretty cheap too. Even good the next day after. We do some franks/butter on ours too and also some hickory wood usually. Thanks for the pics you made us all hungry!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: