FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cornbread with green chiles and cheese

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Griffin
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22 12 12:41 am    Post subject: Cornbread with green chiles and cheese Reply with quote

Been a bit slow at our house this week as far as cooking on the Egg. We've (and by we, I mean Mrs. G) done some dishes inside and we tried out a new to us Chinese restaurant last night. Earlier this week, Mrs. G was whipping up some white chicken chili in her crockpot. I decided that some cornbread would go nicely with it and since I've never tried cornbread on the Egg (and because the Egg was being neglected), I figured I'd give it a go. Fired up the egg at 450F with the placesetter legs down and preheated a 8" CI Skillet with a tbsp or 2 of oil in it while whipping up the cornbread. The recipe followed the one on the back of the bag of Pioneer Cornmeal except I added a 4.5 oz can of green chiles and 1/2 shredded cheddar cheese.

If you could hear the sizzle as I poured this up...

I set it atop the 3 green feet

Let it go for about 20-25 minutes until a toothpick in the center came out clean

Sliced, slathered up with butter and served along with the chicken chili.

Was it necessary to cook it on the Egg? Not really. Was it fun? Sure was. Always good times cooking over charcoal. Unfortunately, the Egg will get neglected again tonight as we head on over to Addison for Oktoberfest, but I'll be looking forward to seeing what everybody else is cooking up this weekend.
Q-in
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22 12 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks awesome!I don't post much,but wanted to say Your posts and blog are great and enjoy reading them +props to Mrs.G on the chili! Very Happy
Griffin
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25 12 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Q-in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Bread Baking All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: