FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"BBQ" Salmon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Seafood Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
motorpsyco

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04 12 6:58 am    Post subject: "BBQ" Salmon Reply with quote

I was stationed in Alaska for about 7 years, and caught a lot of salmon. In order to keep the family from getting too sick of it, I had to get creative with ways to prepare it.
Being from the South, almost everything revolves around BBQ so I made a variation of my sauce for meat.
Years later, I am still making it and everyone who has tried it claims to like it.

It is super easy to make. Simply bring a cup of cider vinegar, the juice of a lemon, and a cup of white sugar to a boil. Throw in about a half of a cup of chopped green onion and a generous shake of dried dill weed. Then, add a cup of sour cream and let cook for a minute, stirring constantly. Cut the heat down and cook for about twenty minutes at a simmer, still stirring constantly until sauce is semi thick and creamy. Set aside to cool,

Use skin on salmon filets and cook them skin side down on the grill using wood chips to add plenty of smoke. No need to turn. Baste often with the BBQ sauce and cook until the fish flakes easily with a fork.

Enjoy!
BOSMECH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09 12 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds real good.
As for me I could eat Salmon every day and I would if I could.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Seafood Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: