FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beef Roast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
banditt135

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22 12 8:55 am    Post subject: Beef Roast Reply with quote

Yesterday I decided i wanted to try something different so i went to the store and got a Roast. I was in a hurry and didnt pay any attention to what kind it was. I just know it was a Roast. LOL But anyways it turned out awesome. I smoked it on Hickory at 225 for till it hit 170. Then i let it rest for about an hour before slicing.

I put a light rub of Salt, Peppercorn, and Garlic powder. Plus i stabbed a few hole in it and placed some garlic cloved in it. Then i cut a onion in 1\4s and placed them under the roast to kinda hold it off the pan, plus give some onion steam flavor to the meat.

here it is after i pulled it off the smoker

Here it is sliced up.

And then platted with some Mashed Potatoes, and Stuffing. I also made a really good Au Jus to go with it.

Then Today for the leftovers i took a few hoggie buns, Buttered them up with some garlic powder and tosted them, then put some swiss cheese on there with thing slices of the beef and made probley the best French Dip Sammies i have ever had. Sorry no pics of the sammies i was too busy eating to take a pic.
1buckie
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22 12 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK That's enough.....
I'm goin' in the other room to eat dinner now......

All this talk of Aujus & mashed potatoes & stuff Just pushed me over the edge !!!
It's gonna say on my tombstone: Died of thick, heavy sauces ~~~~>K
" The Creepy Guy Down the Street With All The Webers"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: