FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free sauce Samples
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manana
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19 12 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You posted that you weren't sending anymore out shortly after I sent you my name so I didn't get one but I'm not sure I was supposed too.
The artist formerly known as Liar #95
(until beertooth whined) NOW Liar #96
Char-Griller Smokin Pro w/SFB
Char-Griller Akorn Kamado
Oregon smoker
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19 12 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine.
Cooked with it this weekend. Did some thin cut pork chops. Also did 2 different things since i knew grilling time was going to be short.
Marinated 3 chops in the sauce about 4 hours. The other 2 i used my rub and then sauced at the end as a glaze.
Some domestic issues caused from me being able to take pictures and give a really good write up.
The chops that were rubbed and glazed were definitely a stand out. The rub made the sauce "pop". The marinated ones were good but just did not have the ooomph that the others had.
Overall i like this sauce and would send people in its direction. That being said, i cant wait to cook a rack of ribs and glaze them. My wife also cant wait, she mostly likes dry rubbed ribs with no sauce as do i. But we will likely be cooking a rack or two soon to test and compare this sauce some more.

Final word: Winner!
#3 LIAR
Capt Chrysler
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20 12 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do to the reports in so far. I would like to buy a bottle. Let me know how much and how.

Capt. Chrysler
SVonhof
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20 12 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capt Chrysler wrote:
Do to the reports in so far. I would like to buy a bottle. Let me know how much and how.

Capt. Chrysler

http://www.purpleporkmasters.com/index.php/purchase-purple-pork-master-sauces-and-related-products

The sauce we got is the Competition Grade sauce.
SVonhof
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20 12 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, I used the sauce again last night on chicken (again). I put a little bit of rub on and smoked the thighs for just over an hour at temps around 250.
I then put the chicken closer to the coals but still offset from them and started saucing. I did two layers on one side and got a nice, thick glaze on there.

I like how the sauce is so anti-SBR's in the flavor. SBR's and many others just have this flavor that I cannot fully describe, but it present in many BBQ sauces and this is just so much better. I don't know what it is (can't pick it out), but I like the flavor of this sauce much better.
Oregon smoker
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21 12 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are my pictures from what i had time to take.

The chops

The ones marinating with the ones containing my rub, and the peppers from my pepper for Chicken from Hell

Meat

The sauce marinated ones are on the right, the rubbed and sauced are on the left.

The CFH are are not done to my liking. That is what caused the problems at home. My wife helps me with tons of prep work, she decided to leave me at home with the kids to cook and prep while she went from store to store to store to store to store to store. Shocked
I had to vulcanize everything as quickly as possible due to the kids wanting dinner. And her not being here to help out.

The chops were good. Like i said earlier the one with rub were awesome. The marinated ones were good just not awesome, but definitely edible and good.
#3 LIAR
DrunkPlumber
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21 12 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for taking so long for posting my opinion on the sauce, things have been hectic.
My review: It's good. Buy it.
Seriously, I am far from an afficianado but I can honestly say I really like this sauce. Sweet sauce people will probably like it and it has a little kick on the back end. I like it as is, and, if I'm cooking for the right crew, a couple of healthy squirts of rooster sauce will finish it nicely. (we like heat). I have used it on grilled wings with good success. Here are some ribs I finished with it a couple weeks ago.

Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid.

There is no such thing as too much onion.

I'm NOT liar #94. I swear!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: