FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who likes it hot?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mcohen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03 12 1:29 pm    Post subject: Who likes it hot? Reply with quote

Hey everybody, if you are like me and like heat, I have the answer for you. I know almost everyone likes ABT's (why wouldn't you), but what do you use to make them Atomic. I use spices from my friend Tim at http://volcanicpeppers.com/. He has peppers from mild to wild. Here is a pic of a couple of the products I use

If you are interested, please send a message and he will respond pretty quick. He usually sends a bunch of extra stuff too. Let him know that I sent ya!

Thanks

Mike
DerekD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04 12 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy, I don't. I like heat, have done a couple of wing challenges, but have found none that I thought I might want to try to make myself. I can get plenty of heat and flavor out of jalapenos, cayenne, or habaneros for anything I make.
mbellot
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04 12 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

Looks good, but I grow my own Bhut and 7 Pot peppers.

You want to make a truly atomic turd, make one out of a fresh Bhut pepper... It's atomic at both ends. Twisted Evil
masoncat1
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04 12 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thank you. Habanero is as hot as I go, and I hardly use that.
Mcohen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04 12 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mbellot wrote:
Mike,

You want to make a truly atomic turd, make one out of a fresh Bhut pepper... It's atomic at both ends. Twisted Evil

That's awesome that you grow your own. I wish I was that talented. I have not used the Bhut for my ABT's yet, but will if I could get some fresh. I am also trying to get some fresh Trinidad peppers to make some. I like to suffer every now and then. It also keeps people I work with from stealing my food. Evil or Very Mad
mbellot
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05 12 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mcohen wrote:
mbellot wrote:
Mike,

That's awesome that you grow your own. I wish I was that talented. I have not used the Bhut for my ABT's yet, but will if I could get some fresh. I am also trying to get some fresh Trinidad peppers to make some. I like to suffer every now and then. It also keeps people I work with from stealing my food. Evil or Very Mad

No talent required, just a lot of effing patience.

Living in the Chicago area I start mine in Jan/Feb and keep them inside under lights until around the middle of May.

Right now I have a bunch of green pods, only one is showing signs of turning red (7 Pot).

If you want to try yourself I would suggest a couple ideas that have been good for my plants.

1. Buy/get seeds only from a reputable place. Ebay is the absolute last place you want to go for seeds.

2. Start them inside at least two to three months before your last frost date. Once they germinate give them light 24/7 for the first two months.

EDIT: Also, a small fan blowing on the plants while inside (to simulate wind) will produce much thicker and stronger main stems.

3. Once they are ready for outside, grow them in containers. The plants are generally smaller but the soil is warmer which makes pepper plants grow faster. Cold soil can bring growth to a stand still. Three gallons is usually the absolute smallest recommended. I use four gallon pots. but five and seven gallon are also popular.

4. Water only when they show signs of wilting. It will not only keep you from over water the plants, but some people claim the added stress produces hotter peppers.

5. Have fun and buy lots of antacid. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: