FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spare Ribs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
POWERSTROKE

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28 12 12:29 pm    Post subject: Spare Ribs Reply with quote

I am going to smoke 4 racks of spare ribs this weekend and was wondering if St. Luis style ribs is a good way to go?
I normally cook the whole rib.

Also was wondering if anybody tried the jonny trigg method, add butter, honey, brown sugar to the foil part and if they turned out good.

Thanks in advance for any help or input
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28 12 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't want to cook full spares, then St Louis sure is a way to go it will also save you nearly an hour of cooking time too.

It also saves you some cooks treats, or some extra meat to add into you beans or other things.

I've cooked ribs Trigg style, and enjoyed the Tiger sauce, (spicy ness of them), I like what the brown sugar adds, but I'm not personally fond of the Parkay flavor, it tastes a little funky to my taste buds... I've also judged Johnny's ribs in competition a couple of times, and he does them a hell of a lot better than I do! Wink

I still work here!
POWERSTROKE

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28 12 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help and input.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: