FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heath Chocolate Chip Cookies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Dessert Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Griffin
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24 12 9:09 pm    Post subject: Heath Chocolate Chip Cookies Reply with quote

Because man can not live on BBQ alone, I made some cookies last night on the Egg. Why you ask? Why not? These can easily be done in the oven, but I was going to have to light the Egg for dinner anyway and I had a coupla hours before Mrs. G got home.

On to the Egg at 400 F, place setter legs down, 3 lil spacers and then the cookie sheet on top of that.

Ingredients
■2 1/4 cups flour
■3/4 cup granulated sugar
■3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
■1 tsp baking soda
■1 tsp salt
■1 tsp vanilla extract
■2 sticks butter, softened (1 cup)
■2 large eggs
■2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
■1/4 cup Heath Bits ‘O Brickle Toffee Bites

Directions
1.Set up Big Green Egg at 400F, place setter legs down (or preheat oven to 375)
2.Using a stand mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy.
3.Add eggs and continue to mix until mixed in.
4.In another bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda. Gradually add to stand mixer.
5.Add chocolate chips and Heath and mix until well blended
6.Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheets making each cookie about 1 tbsp
7.Bake on the Egg for about 12 minutes (9 to 11 for oven)
8.Cool on cookie sheets for a few minutes and then allow to completely cool on wire racks
9.Enjoy with a cold glass of milk

Get me a glass of cold milk to dunk these in. Man were they good. Really hit the spot after dinner. The downside - it seems like 8 was about the most I could put on a cookie sheet. The recipe made a little over 3 dozen cookies. How many batches is that? You do the math.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Dessert Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: