FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smokenator 1000

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cactus1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10 07 12:15 am    Post subject: Smokenator 1000 Reply with quote

I do more grilling than I do barbecueing. I do like to build and tend the fire for the low and slow. I do not competition cook, cater, or cook commercially in any way - I cook purely for the enjoyment of my friends and family - most often for just myself and my wife. I have a Char-Griller Pro that I rarely use because of the limited amount that I barbecue per cook. I most often use my Weber 1 Touch and have gotten pretty good cooking low & slow on it. I asked for and received a Smokenator 1000 as a Christmas gift. This is an insert that turns my Weber into a smoker. I used it yesterday for the 1st time and made the best brisket I have ever done - a 4 1/2 lb. flat. I used a total of 54 Kingsford briquettes and 1 1/2 cups of soaked wine barrel oak chips. I had no trouble holding my target temp of approximately 225 degrees on the grill surface. The brisket was tender, juicy, flavorful and had an awesome smoke ring.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: