FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Food Truck Builder Fraud

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerk Pit Master
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed May 16 12 12:56 am    Post subject: Food Truck Builder Fraud Reply with quote

Just received this email and I'm sure food truck builder fraud is rampant. Be careful.

Bill's company "Rolling Restaurants" shut down over night the week of May 7, 2012 from it's current location and was cleaned out the next day. He has since disappeared and his new location that he is operating from is currently unknown, although it is thought to be near the VA hospital of Bay Pines Road in St. Pete. Mr. Dillion is being investigated for scam/fraud after several "future" food truck owners have come forward with claims of lost deposit money with no intent of performing work or finishing it properly. There are also multiple reports of people who have purchased trucks from him that have bogus vehicle titles. In addition, multiple accounts of scam/ fraud are ranging from $3,000 to $18,000, possible more.

Below is a recent response from William "Bill" Dillon to a food truck owner who is trying to receive a refund on his money. Bill wrote,
"All right tuff guy you want to be a little bitch then fine. IF YOU THINK THAT YOU CAN DEMAND ANYTHING OF ME YOU BETTER THINK AGAIN. All I have to say to you is F. O ."

**THE MOST RECENT UPDATE: There have been reports that he is possibly doing business under another business name accross from the V.A Hospital off of Bay Pines Blvd.

If you have any information as to Bill's new location, or were a victim, please contact "Officer Pasiuk 434" at the Pinellas Park Police Department at: (727) 541-0758

Last edited by Jerk Pit Master on Thu Nov 08 12 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Jerk Pit Master
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19 12 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a few calls on this recently from folks who were defrauded.

Please note that I posted as an FYI and have had no business dealings with this person.
Jerk Pit Master
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08 12 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still getting calls on this from additional folks that have unfortunately been scammed by this Tampa builder as recent as today. Please note that I do not keep track of these phone calls or emails.

I would advise that anyone that has been scammed to join this FREE forum and post their information in this thread, so those of you that have been scammed can join forces.

Good Luck!

So sorry for your losses!
pappys

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11 12 5:41 am    Post subject: Food Truck Builder SCAM Reply with quote

Bill Dillon is still in business, and keeps changing locations to different places near Tampa, Florida. His current web page is http://foodtruckone.com and he is also still doing business as "Rolling Restaurants"

I have been one of this most recent victims.

In my case, it started in early September of 2012, following up on an ad in craigslist in Atlanta, advertising a food truck for sale. His first response was that the truck listed had been sold, but he custom builds trucks. I asked for more information, telling him exactly what I wanted in a truck. He sent back a ballpark figure to build one, which was just less than $20k.

I got an address from him, and immediately flew to Tampa and went to the address, unannounced. Sure enough, there were at least 6 trucks in various stages of assembly, ranging from almost finished to nothing yet done. There was also a crew of men working on the trucks, and the quality of the work looked acceptable. I spoke with a couple of the men and all seemed well and legitimate. After a meeting to get specific details for building my truck, I was given a price of just less than $19k, and I gave him half of it up front to find a truck for me and then build it into a food truck.

I started to get pictures of trucks, telling me that he had found one, then discounted it for mechanical problems, then found another that was perfect. He even sent pictures of the truck. A week or so later, he sent "progress Pictures" of the truck as it was worked on, showing me the counters, walls, and water tanks for the sinks being installed.

I then started getting requests for what kind of paint I wanted and then the graphics I wanted on the truck. I was even asked to provide the measurements for the generator, which I was providing.

I had made numerous phone calls to him, but ALWAYS got his voice mail. He never returned the first phone call and only returned a few of the emails I had sent him about the truck and its progress.

My first hint that something may be wrong came 2 days before I was supposed to pick the truck up and drive it back to Tennessee. I received an email telling me that he had to make an emergency trip to New York, to take care of family who were being displaced due to the hurricane. I cancelled my flight and rescheduled for the following week.

On the day before my flight, I received an email telling me there was no truck for me to pick up, and he had problems with a partner who was stealing his business, and that he was filing for bankruptcy.

When I started searching for more information on this guy, I started finding a long string of scam complaints, including this one, which gave an officer to talk to in Pinellas Park, Florida.

I have filed my own fraud complaint with the Hillsboro County Sheriff's Department. The case number is 12-576589 and the Detective Handling the investigation is Detective Timothy Allen. He can be reached at the Hillsboro Sheriff's Department @ 813-247-8775

If this guy has defrauded you, then PLEASE give this guy a call and let them know the details of the fraud. Otherwise, BE CAREFUL!
rutherod

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01 12 5:13 am    Post subject: Food Truck Fraud Reply with quote

My husband and myself were also frauded by Mr. Dillon. We began working with Mr. Dillon in August of this year. We also located him through a Craigslist ad in Raleigh NC.

PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL. There is another add - using a different name - but the information is identical to Bill's.

We too did our research (or so we thought). We sent Bill a 50% deposit. After two weeks of receiving no information and then pictures of a vehicle directly from his website (different from our specifications), we became suspicious.

We asked Bill several times for a status and always received notes back stating he was traveling and would send information when he got home.

In October, we hired an attorney and have been filing against Mr. Dillon. He has sent us his bankruptcy attorney's name - Jill Mcdonald , Law Offices of Jill Mcdonald 25400 U.S. 19N Suite 252 Clearwater Fl 33763, 727-231-4300 - who knows if this is true.

We have filed a case with the Pinellas Park Police (however Officer Pasiuk listed from the first complaint never returned my phone calls). They are waiting for Mr. Dillon's response (which is laughable). I dont yet have a case number.

We have filed a case with the Internet Crime Complaint Center - IC3 - as directed by the FBI. Our complaint ID is I1210191543340981. Please contact your local FBI station and add to our complaint. Mr. Dillon needs to be stopped. The more complaints they receive; the more they will work on our cases.

I have now contacted the Hillsboro Sheriffs Department. I will be filing an official complaint with them as well.

Mr. Dillon is still working. He goes by Bill Dillon - William Dillon - Dillon Designs - Rolling Restaurants - foodtruckone.com
pappys

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29 12 5:12 am    Post subject: Bill Dillon Arrested in Hillsboro County Florida Reply with quote

William Charles "Bill" Dillon was arrested on 12/27/2012 for grand theft. He is currently out on bond.

Beware that he is still in the food truck business and still defrauding people out of their hard earned money.

Name: DILLON, WILLIAM CHARLES
DOB: 12/01/1961
Booking #: 12057030
Arrest Date: 12/27/2012
Race: W
Sex: M
Ethnicity: N
Ridge View BBQ
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01 13 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame on anyone that would cheat someone trying to better themselves! We would have been in bad shape if this would have happened to us. We left our jobs with $1500. and a table, a grill, and a tent. Just a few years ago, something like this would have crushed our dreams. I hope better things lay ahead for you in 2013..Jim
Wells Cargo 20' Concession Trailer w/porch 24"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Vending All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: