FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about attaching firebox to Cook chamber

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ravrav7

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26 12 10:22 pm    Post subject: Question about attaching firebox to Cook chamber Reply with quote

Ok so I have made a few smokers since I became a member here. My first couple I cut for what lack of a better term I cut the FOOTBALL shape piece out of the plate that was used to cover the rear end of the smoker. This firebox to cook chamber opening. Then I matched the fire box up and it did not ever line up correctly, I had a gap to fill in.

So long story short. Do you guys put your end plates on your round pipe and then cut the opening in the cook chamber and the opening to the firebox? My way you have th 1/4in lip to rest the cook chamber on the firebox. but like I said unless its perfect mate there is always some type of gap. Sorry I have been away so long. Just been busy. Kevin Nice to see you, You too Troy. Hope all is well!

Ray
TrailerBuilder
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26 12 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray, nice to see you around again buddy Very Happy

Im not 100% sure what everyone else does, but on round pipe, I do weld the end caps on the chamber and firebox first and get them all cleaned up and sanded. I then cut my half-moon out of my cooking chamber (make sure to leave a grease lip) and then mount the firebox to the chamber and final weld everything out. Then once I get my door cut out on my chamber where I have access inside, I reach in with my plasma cutter and follow along the half-moon cutout on the chamber into the firebox.

SO...wheres the pics of this new build Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: