FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

250 gal fuel oil tank RF - it continues...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrailerBuilder
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24 12 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr T, I think you did a great job on the build man! You said in the beginning you were building it from shopped pieces and parts and put together with as little $$ as possible. I think you did just that and you did it well. I applaude you for the effort of doing it and the finished product. A couple good coats of paint will hide alot of things and when the good food is coming out of it, I doubt many will make comments on what she looks like. I do want to see a future pic of a bruised leg when you come in contact with the knee buster though Smile

Nice work on the build Smile
Catman
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24 12 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Cool!
Love the double firebox door latch; looks like a perfect fit.
Still amazed how quickly you whipped this thing out.
Well done!

What ever it is, do it, do it 'till you're satisfied.
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09 12 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been a couple weeks since I touched the project, but did do a test burn today!!
As the entire project went - I found a 36" pc of 6" pipe, which wasnt quite tall enough....so I made a box to set it on - inside the box is a 45° plate so that any grease dripping in or rain etc will simply flow out the drain of the RF plate!

as you can see here, the stack just looks to short IMHO....maybe I'll start watching the side of the highway for a chrome semi stack... Embarassed Embarassed

I dont have any thermo's on her yet, but I can say - she seems to breath quite nice with the air inlet wide open!! The plan was to start burning out any oil residue etc - will do a few before first cook [ and install thermo's - I'm thinking 6 cheaper to really get a feel for how she works, and one good one in the center]
When I first fired her up, the doors did leak a little - but leakage slowed as she got hot, and a few taps Wink with a 5 pound hammer!! I am hopeful the stainless piano hinges I used on the doors will grease up a bit - stopping most of the leaks! I may end up adding some seal material, but will wait until thermo's tell the rest of the story!

Still havent finished back side, may add log racks, or just another shelf.....got to look thru steel piles to determine final plan there Very Happy

Now to build the actual shelves - hopefully find some time next week - I have 15 racks of ribs in the freezer, and a 40 pound case of jumbo legs just dying to get a smoke bath in her!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Thanks for lookin all!
Being Blessed with income from my passion!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Logtrucker
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09 12 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your cooker turned out awesome I cant wait to see the ribs that come off of it. Congrats on a job well done Very Happy
Maniac
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09 12 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr tony glad to see you got ready to cross the finish line. hope YOUR butt is back to normal. good luck on the shelves.
ChuckieD
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10 12 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony,
She looks good with smoke! Very Happy
I think you did a great job on her bro! Wink

Big Green Egg XL
UDS build
The Old Brick Barbecue Project!
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11 12 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! Very Happy Having problems finding steel stock for the shelves in the scrap piles, I have plenty of grate stock though!.....it looks inevitable....I'm gonna have to spend a little cash Sad Sad I guess I shouldnt complain, though I will.... Shocked Very Happy
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01 12 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it doesnt look like a lot more done, but a few odds and ends tied together - and 3 racks made from reclaimed 3/4" angle! 3 more to go as / if I need them! I believe I could easily get 48 racks of St Louis cuts on her with the 6 racks, possibly more?!

Decided to do a hard burn inside to ensure no oily aftertaste etc, also have a major fire going in firebox - cleaning the yard of older wood debris etc....whatever paint on outside survives this certainly should stay on under normal usage???!!! Will wire brush etc before spraying, but this aint gonna be no fancy sand blast and body shop like many of you "know what your doing" kinda guys do....lol ...I am far too cheap for that
Embarassed
Once she gets warm, most of the leaks stop!! [ cept a little at the piano hinges Evil or Very Mad ]
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
GF
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01 12 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good Mr.Tony. Very Happy
Don't worry about a fancy paint job, it aint gonna make you no $$$. Wink
Good luck with it and your upcoming busy season. Very Happy
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02 12 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up 2 - 3" thermo's, and had one 2" - installed to see how even she burns....I am thrilled!

the pic aint that great, but - lower left is at 225, right is at 250, top at 275! I can work with that!!! Just put some thighs on to get the seasoning going! Will post cook in general area.
Thanks to all for looking, input and encouragement!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
erniesshop
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02 12 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks Pretty Da-n Nice to me Tony !!!!
Great Job !!
TrailerBuilder
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02 12 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Nice Job Mr T. You did a great job on the entire build. Now Im ready to see some groceries packed in this bad boy Very Happy
Wreckless
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02 12 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks Great, Tony! Heckuva task with a fuel tank, nicely done. +1 on the chrome stack if you can find one.
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08 12 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrailerBuilder wrote:
Mr T, I think you did a great job on the build man! You said in the beginning you were building it from shopped pieces and parts and put together with as little $$ as possible. I think you did just that and you did it well. I applaude you for the effort of doing it and the finished product. A couple good coats of paint will hide alot of things and when the good food is coming out of it, I doubt many will make comments on what she looks like. I do want to see a future pic of a bruised leg when you come in contact with the knee buster though Smile

Nice work on the build Smile

Actually, no knee breakers ..YET!! Been using her quite a bit this summer, she leaks pretty good at the doors, but holds temps quite nice at the same time Exclamation Exclamation
I have rented her out [to people I know] and done several pigs on her!! On a calm, warm day - she burns possibly better than my Lang. Embarassed I messed up the flow calc. so good I can put in 4 splits and walk away for 2 hrs or so!! Goes to show ya, even a blind squirrel gets a nut every once in a while!!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
k.a.m.
BBQ Mega Star

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09 12 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony, very nice work my Friend she looks awesome. Very Happy You did an outstanding job putting her together with what you had on hand and that my Friend says it all. Welcome to the wonderful world of recycling cooker builders. Very Happy Very nice work indeed. Very Happy

Hybrid Cooker
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09 12 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kevin! I see this as a never ending project, but then again - everythings for sale if the price is right!!

So, after a couple situations with steam tables - I used 2 faulty units to make one work right - the second unit was no longer useable, in some peoples eye's... Wink I notched the SS to cup over the light bracket [ which, yes - is the support bracing off a garage door Cool ] and gutted all the wiring etc.

Put the sink back on [ from earlier mod to Lang] but not piped in, yet [ waiting to "find" enough copper tubing], dual burners are mounted opposite of sink on back side.

It just sits there, I dont want to mount is, so I can clean it easily. Transporting it will be as easy as tossing it in the smoker itself, in the grill / wood box or the truck. I can also set it over the fryer bases to use hotter or cooler!
I CANNOT imagine this NOT getting plenty hot, if no TOO hot to hold, lets say, a vat of chili, soup or even beans etc while either vending or doing a party! Will be running this unit Wed. to prep some meat for the weekend, will monitor it and get back!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
TrailerBuilder
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17 12 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty nice little add on there Mr T Very Happy Did it work like you wanted? Whats next?? Laughing
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17 12 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ended up having that little job back out on me at the last minute Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Scrapper is parked for the winter - hopefully she still gets a workout, and a trial warmer run, will let ya know if it does!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16 13 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was remeniscing and noticed I hadnt posted any finished pics on this thread, sorry...
looking a bit underfilled....

Have done a few more hogs, a ton of wings on her, 45 racks AND a case of tips at the same time, a couple dozen turkeys, un-told butts and briskets, even smoked fish on her both on catering gig's and back at the shop for pick-ups etc.!! She has been a GREAT back-up and small job / delivery cooker to say the least!
Dreaming up another project / looking for inspiration - if it doesnt snow too much this winter!![ I still have many commercial plowing accounts to supplement my winter income Confused Cool ]
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: